Respected Contributor

Re: Cropped Pants, Jeans, Etc.

I share your hatred of those hideous looks.  I have never seen anyone actually look good wearing them.  

Honored Contributor

I've never been a big fan of crop pants, because I think the length can be tricky. They're not always the most flattering length. It really depends on the cut of the crop pant and where it hits your leg.

Some crops are really tight or leggings, others are slim or loose fitted, and now we're seeing wide leg crops with everything from sneakers to high heel pumps. IMO your leg length, shoe choice, and body proportions also affect the look. 

I own one pair of crop jeans. That's it. I like the slim leg pair I own best with the hem rolled a bit. I might try another pair of crop pants in a different material, but I don't know if I'd wear them much. I just prefer full length pants. If it's really hot, I wear shorts a bit above my knees instead of crop pants. 

Respected Contributor

I love crops.

You do you.
Honored Contributor

I love crops.  Oh and I love the half-tuck.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@santorini wrote:

I share your hatred of those hideous looks.  I have never seen anyone actually look good wearing them.  

Then I guess you've never seen me!Smiley Wink

I've seen many ladies wearing shorts or leggings who would look so much better in proper fitting crop (ped) pants.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Crop pants are my favorite for late spring, summer, early fall.  Capris are OK too for summer.    I am also a fan of ankle pants for spring, summer and fall.  The only time I want long pants is in the winter.  I do not like pedal pushers either, they are just too short and hit at the wrong place IMO.

As far as Jeans go, I am probably one of the very few that just do not like them.  Don't like denim.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Everyone seems to have a different definition of crop/capri/pedal pusher/ankle length. Perhaps because it all depends on your inseam measurement vs someone else. The great thing, from my perspective, is you find and wear whatever length you want. Who cares if Debbie from Detroit of Betty from Bellingham thinks you look bad? How do you like what you have on?

I personally like most styles and lengths of pants, but know I look better in slim straight leg full length pants, slim leg pants that hit at my ankle bone and 7-8 inch shorts. But what each of those lengths are called is vastly different between vendors, brands.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes wrote:

I'm new to the Forums, so please forgive me if this question has been asked before, but...

Am I alone in my sheer hatred of "Cropped" pants and jeans? Smiley Mad

When I was coming up, pants that high above the ankle were called "High-Waters" or "Flood-Waters" and it was an indication that your pants had shrunk in the washer or dryer - NOT a good look at all, back in the day (LOL)

They look as if the designer couldn't decide between full-length, or pedal pushers (another Boomer term - LOL), so they fall somewhere in between.

Please tell me I'm not the only old Fuddy-Duddy on the boards. Woman LOL

@LavernLuvsShoes Oh my!  Yes, hate to confirm but you really an old Fuddy-Duddy because I am one and I LOVE all capris, pedal pushers and crops!  LOVE them.

You might even be OLDER than me!  Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

Sorry but I like cropped jeans and capris and even got some bermuda shorts with a frayed hem---that I love!! Am 67!! And by the way----I look pretty good in them Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I don't "hate" them ... but I think they are awful.

I only wear full length pants.