Esteemed Contributor

Re: Crocheting "Fashionable" Face Masks

@ALRATIBA 

Thank you for the shout out. Your masks are great and look to be more flexible which makes them possibly more comfortable?

Thank you for sharing! Please keep posting pictures--I'm waiting to see a paisley one! 😄

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA Great job on your masks!   I have a feeling many will still want to wear masks this fall and winter...and these would be really great in the winter for some extra warmth, too!

Honored Contributor

@alicedee 

That gives me a great idea!  I've been looking for something to do in freeform ... and joining paisley's for a mask would be a fantastic project. 

And .... maybe a granny mask also .....

Stay tuned ... maybe later today or tomorrow morning .... my crochet hook is ready to go!

Valued Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

Great job on the masks!!  They turned out beautiful.  Thank you for posting pictures.

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA : How pretty but look a bit warm. Do you live where it stays pretty cool? 
I saw a video today of a young woman making masks and something she did that looked so smart to me. She took a piece of pipe cleaner that she stitched into the top seam to be able to shape and press over the bridge of the nose. Mine don't have that. 
Keep posting what you make.

Trusted Contributor

@LoveMojitos and @ALRATIBA :  What attractive masks!  

If we have to wear something over our face, it might as well be attractive!

Thanks for the photos.  Your neighbor boy will love that mask!

Trusted Contributor

Wish you could sell them!!  My grandson would love that one too.  Good job.  And using cotton to make them with is great.  They are really cute and functional.  Love it!

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@LoveMojitos and @ALRATIBA :  What attractive masks!  

If we have to wear something over our face, it might as well be attractive!

Thanks for the photos.  Your neighbor boy will love that mask!

@ALRATIBA  and @Naturesbeauty  - Great job on the masks!  I love them all!   Wish I lived next door to you so I could pay you to sew one for me.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Not on board with the crochet idea...sounds mighty hot to me, on top of not being as effective.

Frequent Contributor

Alyssa Milano had a crochet mask on social media and got ripped to shreds! I’m a crocheter and thought about a pattern or could I make one, but even if it’s lines, I didn’t want folks to feel uncomfortable or thing I didn’t have a good barrier. Good luck!