Honored Contributor

Re: Cowboy (cowgirl) boots

[ Edited ]

I can't imagine what age has to do with cowboy boots - or most other shoe styles. Nothing at all. 

I don't own any cowboy boots but they are on my "things to get" list. 

Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

Look absolutely stupid unless you are a real cowgirl. And w/skirts ----puleease!

I bet there are plenty of people who wear moto boots/jackets, and they aren't bikers!

Respected Contributor

You don't have to be a cowgirl to wear cowboy boots. And, you don't have to be young either. Maybe living in Texas has something to do with it - I don't know. I see girls and women of all ages wearing them - with jeans, with long skirts, and with short skirts. They have  all kinds - some get pretty pricey. Those are probably the most cool looking - different  designs, different mixes of colors. I have one pair, yes, just one pair, they are awesome - they are  like a vintage black leather with silver studs. I paid a pretty penny for them - but, they are  soo worth it! I don't wear them too often - but, when I do - people take a double take. I usually wear them with a short denim skirt or short denim dress or  tucked in to a pair of jeans. They are just too pretty to hide under pant legs!  They are boots ladies. Just western boots - doesn't mean you have to work on a ranch to wear them!Woman Wink

-Texas Hill Country-
Valued Contributor

Well, I must look stupid every single day, and everyone who compliments me must be stupid, too.  What an ugly thing to say.  I live in Santa Fe and own dozens of cowboy boots and booties--my collection is truly special AND I'm over 50.  I have to admit that I don't usually wear mine with a dress/skirt--but if I thought what I had on would work, I wouldn't hesitate!  I usually wear mine with bootcuts and skinnies.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cowboy (cowgirl) boots

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

I bought a pair of tall boots that are a cross between a riding boot and biker boot.  I joked that I would look appropriate on the back of a stallion or a harley, lol.

I think a western style aka cowboy boot is just so American.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Love my boots, and yes, I am over 50. 

Respected Contributor

cowboy boots are now a classic.  ask ralph lauren.

Respected Contributor

I have ridden horses all my life. Had to give it up a few years ago to injury. My collection of boots is beloved. I am still a cowgirl at heart and will always wear my boots, no matter how old I get.

I don't wear them everyday, but rock them when I can!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Do not, DO NOT wear the light-up neon hat band that says "I am 63" when you wear your boots.

That goes for ALL OF YOU!