Occasional Contributor

Hello Fashionistas ! I have a question about wearing cowboy boots after 50. Yesterday I purchased a really cute pair at Ross for 25 bucks. They are a medium brown tone and very plain looking, with low heels and extremely comfy. My dilemma is I am over 50 and was thinking that I maybe to old to rock cowboy boots. LOL Any 50 plus cowgals out there?

Honored Contributor

I realize this original post is years old but I was doing a search about you ladies and cowboy boots. Woman Happy I am 61 and just bought myself my first pair of beautiful cowboy boots! I just thought it was a bit comical when I was trying on the multitude of boots in the store. The salesgirl was telling me how these boots are an investment and they'll last a good 30 years. I just couldn't picture myself as a 91 year old rocking my cowboy boots. Lol! Anybody else like wearing western boots?

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I realize this original post is years old but I was doing a search about you ladies and cowboy boots. Woman Happy I am 61 and just bought myself my first pair of beautiful cowboy boots! I just thought it was a bit comical when I was trying on the multitude of boots in the store. The salesgirl was telling me how these boots are an investment and they'll last a good 30 years. I just couldn't picture myself as a 91 year old rocking my cowboy boots. Lol! Anybody else like wearing western boots?

@ID2

Tell us more about your new boots!

Honored Contributor

@ID2

I have these:

Tony Lama-

Old Gringo-

Ariat-

Honored Contributor

http://www.bouletboots.com/shop/ladies/2608-3/

These are my new boots.

lolakimono,  Wow you have a beautiful collection!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

5618290123404.jpg

These are my new boots.

Trusted Contributor

I have two pairs that are lovely I bought about 15 years ago... they sit in their boxes unworn. I do not know what to wear them with now that I am 60. I do not wear skirts now that I am retired... I have thought about just giving them to Good Will...  I just feel this place in my heart for them when I look at them... but I really need to find them a new home.

Esteemed Contributor

@June222 wrote:

I have two pairs that are lovely I bought about 15 years ago... they sit in their boxes unworn. I do not know what to wear them with now that I am 60. I do not wear skirts now that I am retired... I have thought about just giving them to Good Will...  I just feel this place in my heart for them when I look at them... but I really need to find them a new home.

@June222, have you tried them tucked into jeans? Or skinnies? Please at least give them a try with SOMETHING before you donate. 

But I know what you mean. I have a few pieces that won't get donated until I'm off to the next adventure because I just can't let them go.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

Geez,  I'm 66 and own 4 pairs..

Honored Contributor

Look absolutely stupid unless you are a real cowgirl. And w/skirts ----puleease!