Respected Contributor

Cover model for the Spanx TSV

I think she was used on the last one too.

No doubt she is a lovely young lady.  But I have a really hard time watching her, especially on makeup shows, as she does that opening and closing her mouth all the time.  Like pursing her lips or fish lips.  I see it as a flirty pose.  I know it must be hard to keep your face expressionless, but not the flirty moves!  Kate, the red haired model did this too.  I haven't seen her in awhile, so I can't say now.

The other one is models who are raising their eyebrows a lot!  Another flirty expression - we are 99.999% women watching - give it a rest.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Re: Cover model for the Spanx TSV

I agree that the blonde (don't know her name) is a beautiful woman but she needs to stop with the silly flirty expressions.  I noticed it as well.  A nice smile would be so much better!  She looks like she's posing for a gentleman's magazine.

Esteemed Contributor

Her name is Jamie, and she does that "lip thing" no matter what she models. She actually pushes her lips forward in order to make her lips look larger.

She's a pretty girl and doesn't have to do that. I agree, it is so noticeable and does it all the time. It's especially bad when she does cosmetic demonstratons. Those lips are going full speed ahead! Ugh.

Valued Contributor

I agree, I do not like the flirtatious looks either.  I do wonder if these gals are encouraged to do these flirty looks.  But, c'mon, your audience is ladies!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I agree that the blonde (don't know her name) is a beautiful woman but she needs to stop with the silly flirty expressions.  I noticed it as well.  A nice smile would be so much better!  She looks like she's posing for a gentleman's magazine.

@haddon9  Her name is Jamie. Pretty girl but she is so fake looking. All the expressions with her lips....  Hey Jamie, we get it , you have big lips. We do not need to have you pout them out  constantly while selling Denim and Co! 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I believe I know the make-up model you are referring to with the run away eyebrows.  She's blonde with a pixie cut. 

The mature model, Joanne, also likes to flirt with the camera.  Super annoying.

Colleen, usually models clothing, also likes to show off for the camera.  She loves to dance for us.

I don't think the models are told to act flirty for the camera.  If that was the case, they would all be doing it. 

The models who simply model (Jess, Sheila, Brenda come to mind) look professional and don't act foolish like the other ones do. 

Respected Contributor

Gee, never noticed that, I don't see her often though. Guess I am just not as observant as some of you other gals. She is a pretty girl.

Honored Contributor

I watch a lot of QVC so I hear and notice every little thing. I don't mind Jamie, but I do wish the models were subdued and would just show the fashions. I think when they demo makeup they just do those faces because it emphasizes the makeup. I think the hosts encourage the nonsense that happens in the shows with both vendors and models.

Trusted Contributor

She's a pretty girl but don't think she is a very good model. She tries to hard to "model". She just needs to let it come naturally and forget the funny faces.