Super Contributor

Re: Courtney's Wedding Dress

On 9/27/2014 hutchIII said:

Oh my - enough already about shoes worn at the wedding!!!!

Excuse me? Perhaps you would be more comfortable at another bb, where the posters are more comfortable with being told what to post and where?

Super Contributor

I had a $250 wedding in a chapel (not drive-thru) in Las Vegas, wearing a $20 white, floor-length sheath with spaghetti straps from Ross (it was an after-prom clearance) and some white pumps I happened to already own at the time. 15 years and 3 children later, we are still happily married - that is the bottom line. I wish them a lifetime of happiness and good fortune, no matter what food they served or where they had their ceremony.

Honored Contributor

Sorry but I find it a little offensive to talk about a church being upscale or not upscale. It's a church and a place of worship. Courtney was married in a church and that church happened to have an American flag in it. So what? My church is Roman Catholic and when it was originally founded, was rich in Italian-American heritage. Consequently there is an Italian flag in one corner of our church.

I have never sat in any church and thought it was not up to a certain standard or low brow. The congregation makes a church, not the building. It doesn't matter to me if I have to sit in the hallway or gym because the church is overcrowded. I'm there for one specific reason.

Her reception was at a country club, outside. They had tents set up. You can easily tell that by some of the photos taken that she posted on her blog. That would explain some of the shoe choices by some of the guests. How silly would it be to wear a spike heel when you were going to be walking through grass.

Super Contributor

OMG - YOU GUYS.........it was Courtney's wedding, now yours, not your daughter's, etc......Courtney's wedding......upscale, downscale, whatever........IT WAS COURTNEY'S WEDDING !!!!!!