Esteemed Contributor

Re: Courtney's 2nd Studio Park Collection

Saw the preview last night on shoe shopping.  I don't wear blazers, mock necks, turtle necks or long sleeves. The only item I like is the bucket hat & I already have a few.

Respected Contributor

I like to see what they come up with but have not purchased any pieces.  It gives you some insight on what they really like when showing so many fashions all the time.

At that age I was interested in wearing all those kinds of pieces except for the bucket hats.  Not a fan of those.  My style is simple any more and have what I need.  I pick up a new piece now and then but very casual.  Jeans and a top pretty much and have the dressier items when needed.  

I like the blazer but the matching pants not so much.  

Honored Contributor

Not tempted by anything

Honored Contributor

Nothing appealed to me at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Tho her offerings are cute, at this time in my life, not my style
Regular Contributor

She is one of the last people I would go to for fashion advice.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't get a chance to watch her last night - just did a review.  It's easier to see details on line vs. just watching presentation.

Style-wise, I liked the turtleneck top, plaid shirt and plaid shirt jacket.

I had/have quite a few issues ... these are a few...

Tops: 

• Turtleneck- I did like the turtleneck top (not the mock) ... but i can buy the same thing for a much lower price in lots of other places and more color choices.  

• Plaid shirt - do a close up online - you can see puckered edges - bad construction.  Issues re pattern matching.

• Shirt jacket - matching issue again.  It's really apparent that the cuffs don't match.

Pants

• The black check doesn't match at seams. 

It's beyond me to undertand why they even bother using plaids and checks.

Nothing else appealed to me.

---------------------------------------------

The only labels I can trust to match are Tolani and Renee's WWC and Attitudes.  LOGO prints generally don't require matching - so they are "safe" for me to buy.  Those that should be matched, are matched.

Esteemed Contributor

Take the name off ... and what you're looking at is Denim & Co ... absolutely nothing remarkable about the line.

Honored Contributor

Regarding the hat she offers in her line, I'm reminded of the line from You've Got Mail:

It [the butterfly on the subway] got on at 42nd and off at 59th, where, I assume, it was going to Bloomingdales to buy a hat that will turn out to be a mistake, as almost all hats are.

Honored Contributor

Of all the Studio Park collaborations thus far, I've only made one purchase.  Actually, it was three items, but it was the same thing.  

Leah had a 1/4 zip French Terry Sweatshirt (sold out).  I bought it in three out of the four colors -- I love it!  I did wait until it was on a clearance sale price, however.

That's it for a SP purchase.  Amy had a cute heart sweater, but not enough for me to buy it.  That's it.  But I still like when the new batch launches.