Honored Contributor

Re: Courtney and the “Sunglass” Dress

@Carolina925 wrote:

I actually thought Courtney looked nice in this one, sort of like June Cleaver; I think those clear and very high heeled shoes made it look a lot better. I like the retro look and prefer it to the ultra casual clothes many are wearing now. The waistline looks very short, however. Not a good look for JT for a number of reasons although she has mentioned before how much she likes the retro look. At first glance, I immediately thought of the clothes Kelly Clarkson wears with those HUGE belts. It's not horrible, IMO, but not a good luck for everyone.

I agree; Courtney looked good in the dress with her stylish shoes.  Jane looked ok in her dress when she had on the blue pumps, but when she changed into the yellow thongs she went from ok to dumpy in about two seconds.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Looks like the same dress pattern of the J Jason Wu  " stretch cotton sunflower  shirt dresses " item #  A493537   now on clearance $59  from last year . Surprised ,  this new dress is not in solid color options .

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Looks like the same dress pattern of the J Jason Wu  " stretch cotton sunflower  shirt dresses " item #  A493537   now on clearance $59  from last year . Surprised ,  this new dress is not in solid color options .

I like that Wu dress too.  Unfortunately, not in my size and still a bit over what I would want to pay for it.  I do like shirtwaist dresses!!!  Had a few when I was a teenager in the '60s.

Valued Contributor

Easy no for me. I don't care for the dress style or the prints. 

Many years ago, Jane wore a suit with jacket and skirt. The material was a very pretty color with a metallic sheen and was cute. It also looked like it was designed for a teen. The jacket was fitted and well done. The skirt had horizontal stripes, fit close at the waist, and flaired out at the hips making them look abnormally large and extremely wide. 

That was about the last time I watched her live. When I first tuned in to Q, she was on a show with a few other ladies. She had the sniffles and asked for tissue. Closest by was a roll of bathroom tissue and someone tore off about four squares and handed it to her. When she finally shut her mouth and went to dab her nose, she dramatically held up the tissue and said, and I'm paraphrasing; "Who brought me this!? I only need a small piece! Who brought this!?" After the second "who brought this" the others had to talk over her to get the show back on track. It was ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

@They Call Me MR Wilkes wrote:

I don't think that the hosts had all that much freedom. 

The buyers probably gave them price and design parameters which would fit Q's current manufacturers which also churn out Graver, Denim & Co, Isaac, LOGO and others.

The fewer deviations from existing manufacturing standards and specifications the better.

Oh I'm sure it wasn't complete freedom, but she went on and on about the prints as if she hand picked the design. The postcard one even has her name all over the print. Is Jane that much of a draw as a personality that people want her name on the dress?

The whole presentation for this dress and the other one was really bizarre. I feel like they are making these presentations too host focused and silly/dramatic that it borders on unprofessional. I don't expect a totally serious presentation or for the hosts to not show any personality, but these two presentations were a complete turn-off to me. All the hugs and "I love you" and squealing is just too much.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The sunglasses print would have been better suited on a nice camp shirt with elbow sleeves. The print would need some changes to make it less busy looking. Same goes for the postcards dress. I love poplin and would love to see more camp type shirts in cotton poplin or cotton polin with a hint of stretch (2%-3%) and airy elbow sleeves. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe she bought it for her grandmother.  I'm 63 and while I don't care for the word matronly, it fits.   I think Jane designed them for an older demographic because the other Studio Park collaborations were not popular with older customers.  

Super Contributor

I love this dress but not ordering it since I have way too many, retired and do not need more.  I did but one a few years ago by Demin and Company. The Printed MIDI Shirt dress and  it reminds me of Jane's dress.  I did get compliments each time I wore it.  The print was unusual also.