Valued Contributor

Country where clothing is made

I really wish QVC would go back to showing in the on-line description the country in which the item was made.  All clothing says "imported" and I can't get used to looking at buying something without knowing where it was made.  When you are in a store looking at clothing, you can always look at the label.  It probably shows my age, being mid-60ish, but I don't see why they don't write up anything more than "imported".  Anybody else feel like they want to know where clothing is made?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Country where clothing is made

It's not a big deal to me.

Honored Contributor

Does QVC have a single apparel line that boasts made in America? I know the other two channels do but I don't recall any on the Q

Honored Contributor

They really need to tell us where the clothes are made, I like to know which country I'm supporting with my sale. I guess I should say which company I'm making rich!

Honored Contributor

What difference does it make where it's made?  China,  Korea,  Vietnam,  Jordan.... It's all the same. 

Occasionally Susan Graver has a garment made in America. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I too like to know where everything is made, not just clothing. I don't expect much clothing to be made in the USA but I still like to know the country of origin.

There is one country I will not buy anything from no matter how much I like it.

Valued Contributor

Interesting to hear the different viewpoints.  The reason I like to know the country of origin, among other reasons, is that I think a few countries outside of the US do better work than some other countries.  So if I saw the former listed, I might tend to buy the product because they are more careful on how they make their products.  Just my point of view.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's political

Honored Contributor

I didn't know they stopped doing that but that's only because I don't care where my clothing is made.  I don't know why anyone would.

Respected Contributor

Not too long ago,  30 years or so... ALL of my children's baby clothes were made in USA!!!  I discovered this while cleaning out a closet.  I also have ornaments (Shiny Bright) that were made in USA.  Not a big deal?  Well yes it is!!  It's called JOBS!!! Take a look at all the manufacturing jobs that are no longer.  I live in upstate NY in one of the most vibrant manufacturing cities ever, but, no more. So sad that most of our goods are and have been made overseas...No jobs makes for more poverty.