Honored Contributor

Re: Country where clothing is made

Garment workers are always paid poorly.  No matter which country,  including the US (although they are unionized & have benefits..like bathroom breaks!)  But traditionally they were sewn by immigrants in factories.  From the infamous New York Triangle factory fire during the turn of the century to present day. Very little schooling is required.  Just the ability to learn how to sew seams together.   Doesn't really matter which country it is. 

Esteemed Contributor

QVC is not alone is not stating in item descriptions where the clothing is imported from. On many websites clothing items are frequently listed as being imported, but rarely is the country stated in the description.  Of course the labels must show the country where the garment was made, so often one doesn't know until the garment arrives.  

New Contributor

I did not know QVC censored comments for political content.
I would like to know where the items I am buying are made. They should tell us.
Valued Contributor

I wholeheartedly agree with origional author and started a like post before seeing this one-I definitely think it would be just as easy when entering product description on-line to list the particular company of original, not simply imported.  Then for those of us who prefer to not send our hard earned money to China, we would have knowledge to make that decision.  For those of you who don't care, no biggie for you either. Super easy QVC to give us that information.  If not, maybe I will have to go back to "brick and mortar" stores so I can read the labels before purchasing.  QVC used to have better value and sometimes better quality than those stores, but certainly not so sure any more, especially if they choose not to give us all the information we are asking for so we can make our own informed decisions how we spend our money. Let's keep on them, and maybe even some of the vendors, will search out US makers; I know Susan Graver has a source that makes some of her clothes, and she proudly states those on air, so why not if they are proud of made in China, announce that too!!

Frequent Contributor

As consumers we are partly to blame, clothing made in other countries mean cheaper prices.  

Remember if it says "made in America" doesn't mean the fabric was made in America.  Personally, I don't think there are any products  in today's market that is completely American, materials used and assembly.  

Ditto!! Probably the reason the Q doesn’t list country where products come from is because most are made in China. When I here imported I automatically know it’s from China.
Respected Contributor

This thread is from 2017............

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

They will probably poof this thread, but what I don't understand is how/why someone would respond to a nearly 5 year old post as their first post? They signed up with this name and a few minutes later respond to an old post.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

I don’t care where it’s made.

Yes, there is a line of clothing made in the US from only domestically sourced components, American Giant. My son has one of their hoodies. It’s a nice hoodie, but it’s a basic hoodie that cost $120. That’s at least 3 Under Armour hoodies on sale.

Nonetheless, my aunts worked for Woolrich in the 70’s and 80’s. They got laid off at least once a year.