Frequent Contributor

Why can't QVC state where an item of clothing is manufactured in their description of the item?  

Respected Contributor

Probably because a lot of us have made the decision to NOT purchase items made from a certain country and they are aware of that so they hide that information.

Honored Contributor

@Blackcatmom    This has been kicked around here and ad nauseum.  Not going to happen due to preconceived prejudices against Chinese manufacturers who have done nothing but make a good product.  If people don't like China, fine, but why take it out on these people?

Wonder if the Chinese sit around and plot to avoid buying American produced products?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Kachina, you and I both know that there are dozens of countries involved in manufacturing these days, and multiple parts could be made in multiple places, so sometimes there is NO real country of origin.  QVC could never keep track of it all!

Some folks just think that incessant complaining is somehow the answer, when I have stated again and again where are the Americans who want to sit in crowded factories all day for low wages making things?

The world is flat and the economy is global.

Respected Contributor

@Blackcatmom wrote:

Why can't QVC state where an item of clothing is manufactured in their description of the item?  

Because nobody cares.

Honored Contributor

No online retailer I order from tells which exact country each garment is made in their online descriptions.  I find out when I get an item home and can look at the tag.

I think if this information is very important to you, perhaps shopping brick and mortar is the way to go.  That way you can check the tags before you purchase.

Respected Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Blackcatmom wrote:

Because nobody cares.

Speak for yourself.  

Esteemed Contributor

yawn.