Trusted Contributor

But this sets me up for holiday and charity events for the rest of this year.

Just happened to stumble on the presentation of IM item A296766 and bought it in three of the four colors.

Green 

Dark blue

Black

Then I bought a pair of his pants, item A298797 in black. 

Already have great shoes and super little bags to go with. I also have great jewelry to go with. I have a gorgeous sapphire blue and amethyst wide necklace that would be great with the blue or black. 

I hope I like them in person when I receive them.

Honored Contributor

I guess if you like these, thats all that matters. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@BirdieGal

I don't have that kind of life, but those tops will be perfect for going out at the holidays.

Many years ago, I bought 2 outfits from Q with tops that had almost the identical pattern in burnout velvet in purple and emerald green.  They came with a matching scarf and a wide leg satin type pant.  I adored them and wore them often.

Both are long gone as my lifestyle changed, but I never stopped loving burnout velvet.

Enjoy your new outfits!

Respected Contributor

I love it when my holiday style is set up in advance. Things get so hectic. It’s nice to know what you’ll wear to a gathering or special evening out. Congratulations for solving that riddle in advance. I should do the same and figure out my holiday outfit(s). 

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman

Well I wanted something festive without being too fancy. These are not occasions where I would wear something like a gown and I have never been much into dresses. 

The events are are things we get invited to because we either donate or have direct connections to. 

We only “dress” for dinner on Christmas Eve. Christmas Day we stay cozy and have appetizers all day. Sometimes we have a party with friends on NYE.

I have an evening wedding to go to soon, this will work. Also a couple of dinner concerts in December we already have tickets for.

As far as liking the tops, not too crazy about bell sleeves but these don’t seem to be too wide so we shall see.

Mostly I am a homebody, but it’s best for me to have a few things in my closet ready to go for when I need it. 

Trusted Contributor

@ID2

Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@BirdieGal

Wanted to say that I love the slight bell sleeve.  To me, it is the perfect width, and does not overwhelm the top.

I used to keep a few things in my closet for "dress up" and still have one or two items to wear with black pants.

Like you, I'm mostly a homebody and dress for comfort.  Once I retired, I got rid of all my suits, but kept some nice blazers.

I'm sure these tops will be lovely in person.  The colors are so beautiful.