Super Contributor

Could someone tell me about Isaac Mizrahi sizing?

I like his upcoming TSv but have never bought any of his clothing, if you wear a large in D&C would you order a large in Isaac's clothing?

Respected Contributor

Re: Could someone tell me about Isaac Mizrahi sizing?

I normally order a small in D&Co but in Isaac's clothing I wear a small in some items and a medium in others depending on the measurements.  If you can look at the "click here" measurements before you order that might help. 

Trusted Contributor

For me it is the same as in the B&M stores!  I find his pullover sweaters run a little boxy so I size down!  Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Poofer, I have found that Issac's clothes run smaller than denim and company. The upcoming TSV says the peplum top is fitted. I would size up with such a description.

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone believe I will size up.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@dperry wrote:

Poofer, I have found that Issac's clothes run smaller than denim and company. The upcoming TSV says the peplum top is fitted. I would size up with such a description.

This.  

But be sure to check the actual garment measurements. I find Isaac's bottoms are more consistent (smaller than D&C) than the tops/sweaters.  

Honored Contributor

I wear his cartigans and buy those as I do D&C tops. 

Esteemed Contributor

I go up from a xx-small to a small in his clothing.

Honored Contributor

@dperry wrote:

I completely agree ! Isaac and Linea both I have to size up one size. Denim and Co. has the best dependable sizing. They cut for the average woman that has a full bust and shoulders.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@dperry wrote:

This.  

But be sure to check the actual garment measurements. I find Isaac's bottoms are more consistent (smaller than D&C) than the tops/sweaters.  

Always check the garment measurements. I have always had to size down on the IM clothes I have purchased but that doesn't mean I would want to do it on all of them. A lot depends on the fit of the clothing & then the fit we want may mean sizing up or down.