Honored Contributor

Cotton? Cotton?? Cotton Capris????

I was in the major mall today looking for a different cotton capri than we have at work.  I really don't want to take what I take to the beach!!!

I found a lot of polyester and denim capris full of polyester made like bike shorts.  Oh my goodness!  Imagine over 90 degrees in polyester biking shorts!

What a nightmare!  

I finally found two pair at Dillards which runs a skeleton crew!  One fabric print fit differently than the other print, same style and company. 

Quality has fallen out of the window!

Honored Contributor

Re: Cotton? Cotton?? Cotton Capris????

@ECBG    Yes, quality has gone down the tubes everywhere trying to maintain an affordable price point despite the increased prices of materials.  Anything made of denim has gone through the roof.  Glad I'm set for life.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG

Do you have a JCPennys near you? They have Liz
Claiborne crops and capris on sale. The longer crops are 98% cotton. Issue is the inconsistent sizing. I had to try on several pairs to get a good fit. These are not high fashion...just good pants for the beach and casual get togethers.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

Yes, thank you.  Half their doors are boarded up.  Never was a fan, but they had good children's clothing in the 1980's!

Honored Contributor

I don't want to scare anyone here, but the manufacturing cotton has become very very expensive.  Just before covid, I was looking for some good quality cotton socks, with a couple percentages of spandex.  Not easy.

I bet I stopped by at least SIX stores and the story was the same ... high percentages of socks with nylon, polyester, rayon, yada yada yada ....  I finally found what I wanted, and I bought more than I needed.

When it comes to expensive fabrics ....  Cotton is the new silk ...  or maybe cotton is the new mink.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   Agree...been shopping for natural fabrics....what a challenge.  

Went to Macy's and thought I had landed on a different planet.  No one in the parking lot...first clue.  First time I've ever found multiple parking spaces next to the main enterance.  Very few people manning the store.  No shopping carts or motorized chairs.  The underwear department was in a state of serious disarray.  I went in the dressing room (most were closed, found one at the end of the store available and the door keep swinging open as there was no closure). Signs and locks on other dressing rooms.   No one attending the departments...a couple of girls located in the center of the floor.  I've never seen this...felt like the store was getting ready for closure.  

And, yes difficult to find natural fabrics.  So I checked out some online stores hoping I would have better luck.  These days I'm appreciating what I have and grateful to really not be in need of another article of clothing.

Honored Contributor

Agree...been shopping for natural fabrics....what a chall...

@ECBG   Agree...been shopping for natural fabrics....what a challenge.  

Went to Macy's and thought I had landed on a different planet.  No one in the parking lot...first clue.  First time I've ever found multiple parking spaces next to the main enterance.  Very few people manning the store.  No shopping carts or motorized chairs.  The underwear department was in a state of serious disarray.  I went in the dressing room (most were closed, found one at the end of the store available and the door keep swinging open as there was no closure). Signs and locks on other dressing rooms.   No one attending the departments...a couple of girls located in the center of the floor.  I've never seen this...felt like the store was getting ready for closure.  

And, yes difficult to find natural fabrics.  So I checked out some online stores hoping I would have better luck.  These days I'm appreciating what I have and grateful to really not be in need of another article of clothing.

Honored Contributor

Sorry for the double post....I'm not able to delete/edit.

Honored Contributor

Only purchase natural fiber clothing and linens.

Has been getting more and more difficult,

I believe I’m in trouble there.

Think many farm lands turn to growing food.

Recently was purging linen closet and was getting ready to donate

a bit used, but perfectly good towels and bedding - purging you know.

Decided to hold on to these things for a while.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have looked at my spring and summer clothes and have decided they look pretty darn good after all. I would love to have some new khaki capris in cotton...they don't seem to exist. Belk seems to have a good selection of some capris. I prefer ankle pants ta so I can wear the, to church and other places not so casual.