Honored Contributor

@matty liz 

it's been discussed before but bares mentioning again:

The Q disposes of unsaleable clothing by the palletful! there's even 2 websites where anyone or company may purchase or bid on these giant lots for pennies on the dollar.

Where they end up is on warehouse store shelves, flea markets and thrift shops to name a few...

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@matty liz 

The Q disposes of unsaleable clothing by the palletful! there's even 2 websites where anyone or company may purchase or bid on these giant lots for pennies on the dollar.

Where they end up is on warehouse store shelves, flea markets and thrift shops to name a few...

But don't those items retain the QVC brand labels? She said this one was under another label.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@matty liz 

But don't those items retain the QVC brand labels? She said this one was under another label.

@jonbon 

perhaps once they 'own' the merch they can switch out the labels...I don't know the answer to that..or they're simply dupes. There is no copyright in clothing design; only on the exclusive artwork, logos, etc..

Honored Contributor

I buy lots of tops and jackets at Costco.  I got a really nice quilted hooded jacket there last year for like $30.  The label just say Waterproof or Weatherproof.  But, it does look like the label  could be on top of another label.  The only other similar jacket style I have that comes even close is a Dennis Basso rain jacket which, of course, cost a lot more than that, but I do love it too.

I used to love thier trail socks.  But, they stopped carrying them for awhile and whe they came back with new ones the quality is not there.  After one wash they had pulls or stuff hanging on them where the different colors meet.  Theyr'e also not as thick.  Big bummer for me.

Honored Contributor

I highly doubt a retailer is taking a stock of clothes and going to the trouble and expense of having the labelsf switched out.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo :  Costco isn't similar to Marshalls and TJMaxx (they sell leftovers and over runs). Costco is one of the biggest clothing retailers in the country (surprised me but with no changing rooms and grab and go).  Because of their volume and reputation you can get great deals on clothing but you have limited choices.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@Andreatoo :  Costco isn't similar to Marshalls and TJMaxx (they sell leftovers and over runs). Costco is one of the biggest clothing retailers in the country (surprised me but with no changing rooms and grab and go).  Because of their volume and reputation you can get great deals on clothing but you have limited choices.

@patbz 

Who said they were?? They're a discount retailer and do you know how their items are discounted? Because they purchase high volume at lower price per.

I have a lot of Lee jeans, skimmers, and shorts that I picked up between Costco and bj's.

I've never seen QVC labels but given their business plan it wouldn't surprise me

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo : Costco moves more than $7 billion a year in clothing and footwear, according to the latest numbers. That’s more business than other better-known clothing retailers like Old NavyNeiman Marcus and Ralph Lauren do, The Washington Post reports.

Honored Contributor

I wish my Costco had more clothes. They hardly have any. I don't think I've ever seen shoes.