Valued Contributor

Was in Costco Tues. and always check out the clothes isle.  A D and C linen blend blouse was there, under a different label at 15$.  The day before I watched C and G go on about the design etc.  I thought the blouse was not appealing esp. at 45$  It was the same item.  I don't mind the same item being sold both places but an in house brand should be just that and the price difference !

Honored Contributor

Just wondering how you know for a fact that it was D&Co?

I have seen many clothing items just alike by different brands throughout the years.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

When I lived in S.Korea I shopper locally and frequently would find the same item with paper store tags (these are pre printed US store tags); sometimes each with its own "house brand" label sewn in.  Bottom line is that sometimes different labels are made in same factory.

Respected Contributor

I had a similar experience a few years ago when I bought a Susan Graver spring jacket from the Q.   I took it with me on a “Girl’sTrip” with several friends and I was surprised when one of the ladies had brought the exact same jacket but it had a different brand label sewn inside (her daughter bought it for her for Mother’s Day at a store in their area).   I thought Susan’s prints were unique to her brand but that was not the case with this jacket. 

Valued Contributor

Understood.  It was just surprising how G and C were going on about it was justt for D and C and the price.  You didn't read my statement well as I stated I know same thing comes out with different labels yet they were misleading in their conversation.

Valued Contributor

I knew this would come up yet I had just watched the presentation the day before, came home and checked again and understanding you may not believe me, it was the same blouse.

Honored Contributor

I obviously don't know for sure, but...........I have a feeling that some factories might sell items to other buyers around the world.   Different labels, etc.

It would be difficult to stand there, in a factory, morning noon, night, and overnight,  watching to where items are being shipped. 

Well, I love SG and D&Co. items, and I'm happy with that.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

I can live with that ROMARY1 but when Gary is the designer does that mean his designs go out all over the world?  That's ok, otherwise it should just be acknowledged he is the buyer for D and C.  I don't mean to make such a big deal of this but just misrepresentation that shoudn't be.  If one likes it, buy it.  I use to buy D and C but prices and designs aren't my taste anymore.  It just doesn't make me appreciate any of us being taken advantage of.

Respected Contributor

Do you mind saying which D&Co blouse it was? I’ll be up front here—I can’t count the number of times someone has claimed to have found “the exact same item” somewhere else, and upon further examination, it was very similar but not the same item. Off the top of my head, there was an Isaac lace dress that someone claimed to have found at Sam’s Club (it was another Isaac lace dress—similar but not the same garment), and some Clark’s shoes that were very similar but, again, not exactly the same as the ones on the Q. So I’m not picking on you, but if I don’t see it with my own eyes, I’m skeptical. 

Valued Contributor

Sorry jonbon, I didn't know if they would allow that.  A377986.  Keep in mind it has been a week or 2.  We are inTN.  Does that help?