Respected Contributor

Re: Cost of shipping went up!

If you can get past the ridiculous high price of clothing items, I figure shipping costs should be no big deal.  $3.50 is still low by the way. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MomCat wrote:

If you can get past the ridiculous high price of clothing items, I figure shipping costs should be no big deal.  $3.50 is still low by the way. 

$3.50 is low compared to what it would cost me in gas and wear 'n tear on my car.  Not to mention driving thru traffic and all that mess in parking. A woman here just a few days ago was carjacked in the middle of the day from a major shopping center parking lot, the one where I shop. She was forced at gunpoint to drive clear out of town then she was assaulted and abandoned by the side of the road where a good Samaritan picked her up. They found her stolen car later but not the perp.

Yes, $3.50 buys peace of mind.

Honored Contributor

I only shop where I can get free shipping and percent off deals. There is fierce competition out there in the online shopping world. There's no need to ever pay full price for a product or ever pay for shipping!! I wised up years ago and never looked back.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I hate being "nickeled-and-dimed"!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

50 cents does matter especially when returns amounts to $10.00 - just because something doesn’t fit. I rarely order clothing now except for Isaac because smalls fit me consistently. Denim & Co. fits me pretty well but I don’t like all their fabrics and a lot of their tops are too long. I bought most of my Christmas gifts at a B&M store this year. Some of them online but only because they weren’t in the store itself. Easy returns and as someone said I m getting in shape. I only bought that great deal on 3 Luminara candles for myself and as a gift.
Esteemed Contributor

Yea, they take $10 off for the tsv, then add shipping.  I am canceling my Philosophy AD because they are adding shipping to AD orders.  The only clothing I buy from tv is Lisa Rinna. Prices have gotten ridiculous on clothing, especially tees.  I buy mine from JCP now with coupons. 

Trusted Contributor

They also tax shipping charges in my state also, I do not see how that is right or lawful!

Honored Contributor

@Hippiified wrote:

I noticed it starting on Sunday on most items that had been 3.00 and 5.00 on Saturday.

It's been a while since shipping went to $3.50

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday 

This is an old thread.

Notice the date on my post.

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

They also tax shipping charges in my state also, I do not see how that is right or lawful!

@crawford5153- This has been mentioned many times on the forums.

Your state law determines whether a retailer has to tax S&H.  I suspect your state is the same as mine:  if it's just "shipping", it's not taxable.  But if it's "shipping and handling", it is, because it involves a service.

QVC is merely following the law laid down by your home state.  If you don't like it, you need to contact your state legislature to try to get it changed - but good luck with that!