Honored Contributor

I agree w/those comments about the Q's prices. We just got a "Voice of the Mountain" catalog. My gosh 60,70 dollars or more for dresses,nighties.etc.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

I would expect a nice quality dress to cost between $60 and $100......less than that I would be suspect about the quality.

Now thin - inferior material - yes, sixty is too much.

Honored Contributor

I usually only buy things from QVC that are lunchtme or primetime specials - or otherwise marked way down.  

Esteemed Contributor

I shop the sales mostly for clothing.  Most every retailer has sales very frequently, and they all seem to have web sites offering sales often.  And watch for higher end retailers to have great sales.  I recently bought two heavier weight knit jackets from Talbot’s for $30 each.  And for more expensive items, you can get bargains if you shop at the end of a season.

Respected Contributor

there is one item I am happy to pay a little bit more for are Isaac Mizrahi's Pima cotton T-shirts. I absolutely love them. I think they are a little pricey but the colors are great.  For me the longer the better and I wear them winter and summer.

Respected Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

there is one item I am happy to pay a little bit more for are Isaac Mizrahi's Pima cotton T-shirts. I absolutely love them. I think they are a little pricey but the colors are great.  For me the longer the better and I wear them winter and summer.

I like them longer too. I'm short but have a long torso. The Pima is heaven to wear. I wear one of them almost everyday. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sure everyone has plenty they can wear already. 

Honored Contributor

I wrote this in reply to a writers letter about the cost of clothing.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuselol   for years and years!  I'm wearing "new" peddler pushers -  maybe from 3 seasons ago but I'm sure my top is old enough to drink legally in any state in the nation!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cost of clothing

[ Edited ]

@Bhvbum wrote:

I have quite a few of Isaac's Pima Cotton and 100% Cotton tops - mostly TSVs. I love each one --- and the colors are delicious.. I wash in the machine on cold - short wash --- and NEVER put in the dryer. I paid the most for his Pima Cotton Turtle Neck, A296830. $40 for the 1st one and $37 for the 2nd. I got Umber and Aubergine.They're still available for $46.- and so worth it  I'm only 4'10, 135 lbs. and my tops are 26-1/2" to 27-1/2" - there's a little flair at the bottom and/or side slits. Perfect fit. I'm always reading reviews about his tops shrinking in size. He does say u could put in the dryer - but not a good idea.