QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be considered political

Honored Contributor

Oh someone else trying to hide their political snide in the fashion forum. No American President has ever attended the coronation of a British monarch.

Eisenhower was invited to Queen Elizabeth's coronation but declined.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

king and queen.png

I don't know, for some reason the above pic of King Charles and Queen Camilla is giving me Mardi Gras vibes.  

Mardi Gras parade, Black History Month lecture and 4 other events happening  in San Marcos, Buda and Kyle this weekend in Feb. 8-11 | Community Impact

@pupwhipped 

Oh, that's priceless!   Woman LOL

THANK YOU for the chuckle!   

Frequent Contributor

@Danky2 

I will probably get slammed for this, but I think a woman of a certain age benefits from wearing hose.   On the few occasions when attending a more formal event, I drag out the old pantyhose.  They do a terrific job of smoothing out the flaws one acquires through aging.  Just my opinion!

Frequent Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

bothered to attend.....she wouldn't miss it for the world.

Trusted Contributor

Some of the critical comments regarding the fashions are justified but I don't understand the snarky comments regarding the RF and British traditions/customs. To be sure, they do not have the support of all the people but I think the majority of Brits are very proud of them.

Valued Contributor

Re: Legs need hosiery, jacket needs tailoring, bow needs replacement hat.

@alliswell wrote:

At one of the after-coronation street party - pretty dresses:

Finnegan Biden and Jill Biden

I always thought she was kind ot pretty but , in this picture, she looks hideous!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ruppert wrote:

@Houstonoilers wrote:

@alliswell wrote:

Jill Biden:

First Lady Jill Biden

I wish she would have worn a hat instead of this silly looking bow.  She did the same thing at Queen Elizabeth's funeral - wore a silly looking bow.  She was criticized in the press about that funeral attire.  I also think her clothes could be tailored better.  They always look too large on her to me. 

I think a hat and brooch on the jacket would have elevated her outfit.

Sorry, but I think Jill Biden looked frumpy.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@SoCal Bred wrote:

Speaking of hats, I read somewhere of the 'highlights' of the Coronation that the hat Princess Anne wore with her military uniform blocked some of Prince Harry's view sitting back in the third row, LOL.

@SoCal Bred And it blocked one of the camera views of Harry's face.  Well played!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Thank you for all of the photos.

One thing I noticed during the ceremony was that Camilla seemed very cautious when walking or moving with the crown on her head, both during the ceremony and after.  I think she was very concerned that it might slip off.