Honored Contributor

Re: Corduroy Pants...Yay or Nay?

I haven't seen corduroy in women's clothes in more years than I can count.  They were pushing a pair of D&Co corduroy pants recently.  Back in my college days, I had a green corduroy skirt that I loved.  I wouldn't wear anything in corduroy now.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes - absolutely! I bought 3 pair of Hue corduroy leggings last year from HSN. Granted, they are a knit fabric, but I love them. They're a small wale - no rubbing and no noise - extremely comfortable. Over the years I've bought cord pants from Lands End and never felt like I was wearing something that was dated. I wear what I like and am comfortable in and don't worry about what is considered "in" or not.

Respected Contributor

I live in very cold Winter weather and walk outside if I can ,so great for that.  I usually wear a light Long John set underneath to layer and a down jacket. I live alone and don't care as rarely anyone sees me.  I could care  less if they keep me warm. I can lower the thermostat as well.

I recall being into them in  style the late 80s.  I had some jean style then. I bought several D and C pairs and they are still wearable some years ago.  I bought up pairs when I could find them from Q. If I lived in Fla. Or Ca.I wouldn't think of wearing them unless a thin fine wale in Winter. 

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

It's a NAY!  I was never a fan of corduroy.  I once bought a pair of D&Co and gave them to my sister.  Just too casual.  She lived in suburbs and would get more wear out of them.

LandsEnd had (has?) some nice knit corduroy that first bought about 10 years ago.   They were more like a ribbed velour than a corduroy.  Very soft and hung really well.

I ended up donating them a couple of years ago - just wasn't wearing them that often.

I had several pair of those Lands End cords. Wore them back in the early-mid 2000s   They were really nice, had a soft slouchy look. Great with sweaters. I can't  imagine that corduroy is making a comeback, contrary to what QVC wants us to think. Lol

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

"Nay"...because I can't sneak up on my husband ;-) 

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

"Nay"...because I can't sneak up on my husband ;-) 

@GoneButNotForgotten 

😂😂🤣

Regular Contributor

😄
Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Yes - absolutely! I bought 3 pair of Hue corduroy leggings last year from HSN. Granted, they are a knit fabric, but I love them. They're a small wale - no rubbing and no noise - extremely comfortable. Over the years I've bought cord pants from Lands End and never felt like I was wearing something that was dated. I wear what I like and am comfortable in and don't worry about what is considered "in" or not.

Absolutely wear what you like and looks good on you...Everything is "in" these days. I was only saying i'm hearing from "fashion world" "corduroy is having a moment" again this year.  I love HUE leggings! And I do own one pair of corduroy leggings, which are so soft and comfy.

Respected Contributor

I like them in bone chilling weather. They must be soft and have a bit of stretch though. I like velour best for those days that I need comfort and cuddly clothes.

I hated them when I was a kid  --  swish /swish with every step , stiff and uncomfortable. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hmmm ... I didn't know corduroy ever "left" (for those saying it is "back"). Classic women's clothing stores have it every winter (Talbots, LL Bean, Lands' End, as examples). I own two pairs of black cords in different cuts -- narrow wale -- and I wear them occasionally.