QVC Customer Care

Re: Continuous name dropping did anyone else notice?

Trusted Contributor

I wanna know initials.

Respected Contributor

Do what I do:  Whenever QVC is on my TV I am always doing something else at the same time.  I never seem to catch the things that irritate other people about the hosts and vendors. I live in ignorant bliss! Cat Tongue I glance over at the TV from time to time -- if I see something interesting, I pay attention otherwise it is back to the task at hand.

Try it, you'll like it. I promise! Heart

Honored Contributor

I just don't think it is a very sincere selling tactic to mention the six others you have by someone else.  If you've worked with this designer as long as you have, why didn't you discover years ago the quality that you are trying to sell us now?  Its like these clowns on other networks that say they got a ticket because they didn't buy the radar detector they've been airing for years.  Totally fake, fake, fake.

If she had worked with this designer as long as she claimed, why didn't she know the quality she is trying to sell to us, instead of buying six others from someone else?  Totally insincere, it just backfires. 

Trusted Contributor

Most of the hosts on QVC are very good. Then there are a few it's like nails on a chalk board . They get so full of them self they think whatever they say people will believe them or trust them to buy what ever they are selling. The public are not fools and stupid statements will catch up in time and people will tune them out. I always thought a host is to respect the vendor not try to out do them. QVC is a good company I have been with them for many years. Lately some of these hosts get carried away and I'm surprised that they are not corrected by their superiors .

Honored Contributor

Anewhue: I feel your pain! I too have been rather annoyed of late with the constant 'insert famous name here loves (buys-owns) it!'

She is getting more pretentious with each passing presentation..but the Q can take some responsibility for that...

Esteemed Contributor

@Brittany-QVC wrote:
This post has been removed by QVC. Lead to disagreement.

Isn't that the same as "a difference of opinion." 

Respected Contributor

I thought the hosts were not allowed to mention designers and name drop.  Joan Rivers always did it, but Joan Rivers could get away with that and a lot more.  The hosts with her when she did name drop always smiled and basically looked at the camera with a look that said "No one can control her."  As time goes by I miss Joan Rivers on QVC. She was so engaging and funny.

i was surprised during the segment with Dennis Basso also.  He was taken aback. The ski jacket shown was absolutely adorable and it looked like it belonged in Aspen during high ski season.  His adorable ski jacket totally sold out in seconds.  So I am sure he quickly got over it.