Esteemed Contributor

Continuous name dropping did anyone else notice?

Yesterday during a few of the evening shows , the host mentioned while doing a "hit" with Dennis Basso that the coat they were selling looked so much like "an expensive designer brand (I never heard of this brand) that cost  $ 5,000,  DB looked a little taken off guard then went on to say that that store was right next to his in Aspen.  

Okay once but as the evening went on this happened.

Not once but twice the same host brought up expensive brands while selling Isaac's cashmere, then again with his tee shirts. First she said she owned several chasmere sweaters (not his) that she paid mega $$$ for and had to wear tee shirts under them  She said "she owned several cotton tee shirts that cost 6x more and were paper thin compared to his.  It seemed that this particular host is starting to get full of herself.  I don't think it's appropriate that it appears  that she's starting to constantly name drop and brag where she is shopping and how much she is spending. We are not stupid all these hosts make great money and don't spend much of it at the Q.  After the third or so time this happened I decided to turn to another SHOPPING channel.  I don't bash any of the hosts and like everyone we have the ones we like and the ones we don't.  Even though this particular host is targeted many times I felt a little betrayed as I always gave her the benefit of the doubt.  It was insulting. It brought me back to the days of the Patty Riley meltdowns.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Continuous name dropping did anyone else notice?

Some hosts seem more sincere than others. They're all there to sell as much merchandise as possible, so l take everything they say with a grain of salt. But l agree that the host to whom you're referring is not among those with the most credibility, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

If she didn't mention name brands, how is that name dropping?  Sounded more like she was just making a comparison, as most of the hosts often do.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

If she didn't mention name brands, how is that name dropping?  Sounded more like she was just making a comparison, as most of the hosts often do.

No, im sorry it was continuous name dropping not comparison. 

Esteemed Contributor

Have u noticed that most of the hosts insert themselves into every segment they're involved in? Whatever the host is selling:  they have several, in different colors, they paid a lot more for theirs, etc. Whatever purse (handbag) they're selling, they own one or more. They're story-tellers!!!!

Valued Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Have u noticed that most of the hosts insert themselves into every segment they're involved in? Whatever the host is selling:  they have several, in different colors, they paid a lot more for theirs, etc. Whatever purse (handbag) they're selling, they own one or more. They're story-tellers!!!!

What's amazing is that so many are so naive that they believe what the hosts say.

Valued Contributor

OH NO! maybe she has caught lisa-lisa syndrome, I sure hope not.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@ANewHue, I know exactly what you are saying. Enough. I just couldn't take it and had to change the channel. And this is a host I used to look forward with anticipation to watching. Not anymore. Sad. Sad. Sad.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

I really liked her a lot.  She MUST tone down her sales tactics or no one will be watching.