Honored Contributor

Re: Considering two outfits for a date

If you ask for an opinion....expect the truth.... good and bad...

if you only want to hear nice opinions....say that in your post 

otherwise...the truth can sting  a bit. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman 

just now seeing your post about the hedgehogs headed the wrong way on the leggings!

I went back and checked... you are so right! LOL

CBDC141F-EAD1-435F-A701-B8C802AAE6BA.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I do not think those are possums.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Look like hedgehogs to me.

Not that it makes a difference in the concern for their direction of travel.

Cat LOL

My concern would be a boyfriend who wants his date to dress like a little girl.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Look like hedgehogs to me.

Not that it makes a difference in the concern for their direction of travel.

Cat LOL

My concern would be a boyfriend who wants his date to dress like a little girl.

Interestingly, there are no hedgehogs in North America, so chances are they are enjoying the foliage elsewhere.  As far as the direction in which they are heading, I suppose the continent has no relevance.

Esteemed Contributor

@september wrote:

@Alyssa951951   I'm sorry, but you did ask for opinions.  If this style works for you, and the man you're dating, then go ahead and dress as you like. 

Its very different than my style and I'm just being honest when I say that 

No, she did not ask for your opinion on whether you liked the outfit @september she asked which one was preferred for her day out. The remarks were cruel, and not OK. A simple outfit 1 or 2 was all that was needed. She did not ask for suggestions on what to wear, as many offered. Posters start reading the post before you respond. Many of you still sound like you are in high school. 

@Alyssa951951 number 2 is my answer to your question. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Alyssa951951 wrote:

How did you feel I was dishonest?

I chose the outfit with the skirt, BTW.  We made two stops, one at a state park on a summit, and the other where there was a huge ravine.  We didn't walk in the woods, but we walked around the overlook areas a little.

@Alyssa951951 A word of advise. Don't give power to any of the negative posters. Don't engage by asking how you were dishonest. You were not dishonest! I never go back and engage, because I do not post with the intention of getting anyone to change their mind about something, but rather I give my opinion, and if that sparks a person to reevaluate, or possibly expand their thought on something great. 

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@september wrote:

@Alyssa951951   I'm sorry, but you did ask for opinions.  If this style works for you, and the man you're dating, then go ahead and dress as you like. 

Its very different than my style and I'm just being honest when I say that 

No, she did not ask for your opinion on whether you liked the outfit @september she asked which one was preferred for her day out. The remarks were cruel, and not OK. A simple outfit 1 or 2 was all that was needed. She did not ask for suggestions on what to wear, as many offered. Posters start reading the post before you respond. Many of you still sound like you are in high school. 

@Alyssa951951 number 2 is my answer to your question. 

And you sound like you are in grade school.  

when a post is started here, respondents don't have a set of "rules" to follow.   We are all adults, and should be prepared to hear all feedback. 

Honored Contributor

@september  you didn't deserve to be single out for this. You are one of the nicest people here...I am always a bit leery when a new poster comes on , and then gets filled with drama, about the replies she has been given , and disappears

No one is forced to  like an outfit ,and we all know that...I wonder if this could be a set up? It has very strange  fashion elements for  2 adults to enjoy..That is my opinion so blast away at me if you will  I have your back @september ..I have posted here for years and  have never seen a post like this before

Honored Contributor

@cherry   Thank you for the compliment!  I, too, was a bit suspicious about this post, but felt my responses were "diplomatic", although I was in disagreement about either outfit.

I find it odd when a poster comes along to tell others that they're being rude, and she herself, is being rude. Pot....meet kettle.