Honored Contributor

Re: Considering two outfits for a date

I think the leggings the OP would wear are very cute for an autumn walk.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@Alyssa951951   I'm sorry, but you did ask for opinions.  If this style works for you, and the man you're dating, then go ahead and dress as you like. 

Its very different than my style and I'm just being honest when I say that 

Esteemed Contributor

@Alyssa951951 wrote:

A few of you have been very nice and respectful, but I was dismayed by the reactions of most of you.  I like to create statement / themed outfits.  I have done a few already, and the guy I am dating liked them.  It's not uncommon for me to have more than one in mind, and so like to hear the opinions of the community.

I wanted to create an outfit that said both Halloween and fall leaves.  The orange and black represented Halloween, while the leaf print leggings represented the fall foliage part of our outing.  There is nothing about blue jeans that represent either.

Maybe this is not a good forum to post themed outfits in.

Just maybe if you were honest about the outfits you picked, opinions would have been different. Don't blame the forum for your lack of communication. You stated it was a date and most of it would be spent in the car with some walking in foilage. So from your indications, we just wanted you to be comfortable and appropriate for the date.

Honored Contributor

And I don't see anything wrong with posters who suggested wearing jeans with a sweater, nice top, or blazer.  In my world (and many agreed), this would have been perfect for a weekend fall day/date 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alyssa951951 wrote:

How did you feel I was dishonest?

I chose the outfit with the skirt, BTW.  We made two stops, one at a state park on a summit, and the other where there was a huge ravine.  We didn't walk in the woods, but we walked around the overlook areas a little.

@Alyssa951951  

Well, good.  Glad you enjoyed yourself and your suitor liked what you wore.  Enough said.  You asked our opinions which we expressed.  You expressed your rebuttal.  Game over.  We are glad you joined us and hope in the future it is a pleasant experience.

Respected Contributor

@Alyssa951951 

Good choice.  Very cute!

Honored Contributor

@Alyssa951951 

i've often wondered myself how a forum regarding something as (seemingly) innocuous as fashion could get so contentious but stick around. There's plenty of friendly people here.

May I ask your age? There's a small handful of young ladies here but we could definitely use more!

Honored Contributor

I am responsible for some of the snark here and I apologize that your feelings were hurt.  However, I (and a few others) were very surprised by your outfit choices, and when you never came back to the thread to enlighten us, things went downhill from there.

I'm glad things worked out for you on your date.