Honored Contributor

Re: Considering two outfits for a date

@Alyssa951951 @What have you decided to wear?I like the leggings but they seem to be a little too busy with the outfits...maybe a dress in one of the colors of the leggings could look nice....a solid color without any added pops.let the leggings be the show.

Respected Contributor

It is hard to know, without knowing age and style of person, but offhand...I only like the first, and only for a funky/arty type, under 30 young woman...it's a bit whimsical, literal nod to going "leaf peeping."  The second one looks like a "too serious" version of same, which comes off kinda frumpy.  So for that look, I prefer the first one, only on a younger woman, for fun.

That said, my actual preferred choice would be, as others have suggested, that top, with a great pair of dark denim jeans, a rust/saddle or brown boot, with a nice leather outer jacket or blazer.

Sounds like a fun plan for the day~whatever you wear, do "you" and have fun!

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Alyssa951951 @What have you decided to wear?I like the leggings but they seem to be a little too busy with the outfits...maybe a dress in one of the colors of the leggings could look nice....a solid color without any added pops.let the leggings be the show.

She won't be back until recess.

Valued Contributor

This is a joke, right?  Get online to Nordstrom and look up Topshop, my go to wardrobe, get a pair of faux leather leggings and one of their sweaters, if u want to wear tennis, get some platform.  

Honored Contributor

I would nix the skirts and opt for nice slacks or jeans--hiking/walking  in skirts seems weird to me--especially if you go to the mountains or country. Most restaurants don't have a dress code anymore. and bring a pair of boots to change out the sneakers--that will dress up nicer pants.

Honored Contributor

@Alyssa951951   Welcome to the Fashion Forum of the QVC Community.  As you can see by the responses to your original post, you almost need to wear armor when you participate in discussions in the Q Community.

I would tell you that it's better in the other forums, but sadly it's not.

I like the first outfit.  I think it's fun and the jumper will help you stay warmer if it is indeed damp and chilly outside.  The only thing that is hanging me up in each outfit is the addition of the white anklets.  For the record, I wear socks alot.  I think there would be more a flow colorwise if you tried the tights in the keds, without the socks.

Whichever outfit you choose, I hope that you have a fun time at the haunted house and dinner.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

For me, the lacy white socks would be the first thing to go, too juvenile.

Then, lose the tights.  I think they'd look cute on a toddler (girl) in white sneakers or those clunky, white hi-tops, if parents still buy those shoes anymore. 

I also think slacks or nice jeans, nice top or appropriate-weight sweater top, comfy jacket and either boots or booties would be appropriate,  Whatever, enjoy your outing.  And please don't feel you are being attacked by these suggestions.  They are intended to be helpful,.......not hurtful.

Respected Contributor

I think this is some kind of joke?

Trusted Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

I think this is some kind of joke?

Got to be a Halloween joke!

Respected Contributor

@Alyssa951951 Welcome to the forums.  I think outfit number two is the nicer one, especially for going to dinner afterwards.  And since you are traveling by car for dinner I would change the sneaks and socks for a pair of dressy black flats.

Sounds like your excursion will be most enjoyable.  Love the idea of the haunted house!