Contributor
Didn't mean for the title to rhyme haha. For the Denim & Co reviews TSV. A few ladies that left the reviews are saying they have not and are not ordering it for different reasons . Huh don't you have to buy it to review it. Because I accidentally click on a wrong Liz top that I thought was the one I ordered and It wouldn't let me review a top I had not purchased. That kinda ruins it for us who rely on the reviews for guild lines of sizing and details.
Honored Contributor

Re: Confused about the Reviews.

Bluejeep - many of us wonder why someone would post something like what you've seen. I'm tall and many of the slacks/pants/jeans are not offered in talls. It would never occur to me to rant in the review are about lack of availability of my size range.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Contributor

I'm confused about why ladies review an item without even wearing it or for that matter owning it. HSN will only let you review an item a week after you've received it. Not like in these reviews when these women never ever owned the item.
Contributor

The reviews have become totally unreliable. I have the GILI leather top on "wait list" and was very interested in the early reviews. Well, there are two reviews listed: one 5 star , the other 2 star. The 2 star reviewer gave it two stars because she is angry that they ran out of her size. This is not the fist time that I read a "review" clearly stating that the reviewer did not purchase the item. In some cases they give 5 stars because the think the love the item or 2 or one star because the item was not available for them to purchase it. Either rating skews the overall rating.

I've reported the inappropriate reviews a few times but QVC did not remove the review in question. I don't understand why QVC tolerates reviews for items not purchased.

Honored Contributor

There seem to be more reviews lately that appear to be comments and the reviewer doesn't own the item.

Super Contributor

I was looking at an item yesterday with two reviews.....both were five stars even though they hadn't even received them yet? Split King Sheets H201844
Valued Contributor

I would not say they are totally unreliable. You take them for what they are. If three quarters of the people say the sizing is too small then it is too small, etc. I don't even take in to account reviews that don't address the garment they received. About people reviewing items they don't have, I hate it too but I started a review on a fabulous, not inexpensive Michael Dawkins necklace that I loved. I got one maybe two sentences into it and something happened, a phone call, my DH, anyhow I hit the send and then I hit submit instead of bringing it back. I have always regretted that although the necklace is no longer available. I guess I should have called someone but I didn't think to do it. Anyhow, I do find the reviews valuable, many people such as I truly try to give an honest appraisal.