Honored Contributor

Re: Compare This Year's Gift Buying With Last Year"

Same. We don’t exchange gifts. Used to be just gifts for kids. Now kids are grown!
Esteemed Contributor

Mine is about the same.....75% B&M (and most of that is gift cards) while 25% is online.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

100% online this year.  Probably 90% online last year.  I haven't stepped foot into a mall or store for any gifts.  There's so much available online, I can find exactly what I want for the price I want to pay.  When you shop in stores, you are limited to what they are selling.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mostly on line.

I always have to hit the local Walmart multiple times for incidentals and did find one gift there. Love their pajamas!

Dog gifts from HomeGoods, as always

Multiple gift cards purchased at local Big Box stores as DS & GF will be with her fam and are relocating across the country days after Christmas.

One gift from Costco.

Bought more than usual this year from Target on line. Some pick up in store, others delivered with free shipping with Redcard purchase- no minimum. It seemed this year more retailers required a $25.00 minimum order for free shipping, except maybe on Black Friday & Cyber Monday.

As usual, no gifts purchased from QVC, just the usual shopping here for myself.

Shopping and wrapping are done. A couple of boxes of gifts that had to be mailed have been sent and gifts for kids/ charities have been donated as well. Just waiting to receive a couple of last minute gifts that were ordered on line, have all shipped and are expected later this week.

Next come the returns. I know of at least one item that should be shipped back later this week. I love when I can return items ordered on line to my local B&M store and have returned a few items already to beat the after-Christmas mob scene.

Honored Contributor

This year I expect I did 99% online, last year was less but I couldn't say how much less. The 1% B&M this year was for doggo's gifts and stocking stuffers (yes, even at our old age, hubby and I do "stockings" and one for the doggo too, lol).
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My DD b-day is the 23rd and I usually give her a crisp $100 bill' but last year I found so many "things" that I went a little crazy----this year it is back to the $100. 

And we don't give gifts anymore as everyone can buy whatever they want whenever they want. the hubs gives our 2 adult kids $100 each at xmas and I do their b-days----

Esteemed Contributor

I did 90% on line with the exception of gift cards and dog treats/toys. My on line shopping was different as I did more shopping from B&M stores than QVC or HSN. Some of it was due to what was on the lists and some of it was what fit the budget better.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have done a ton of shopping online, thanks to the great deals and competitive pricing offered by most retailers this season, did more B&M shopping than I normally do, and had a great time doing so. The hustle and bustle, Christmas music playing in the background, friendly faces and beautiful displays, were more exciting to me than usual. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Since I shop for gifts all year long, mostly in stores.  Yes, shopping online is easy but not as much fun.