Honored Contributor

Compare This Year's Gift Buying With Last Year"

Is your gift buying as much in brick and morter stores this year as it was last year?

How much did you buy on line for gift giving?

(My habits haven't changed).  I'm picking up some thermal items on line I can't find locally.  The remainder is b&M.).

Honored Contributor

Re: Compare This Year's Gift Buying With Last Year"

100%  online   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise Was last year 100% on line or different?

Honored Contributor

100% online last year and this. It's just easier.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

All online except one small jewelry gift from Marshall's.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise Was last year 100% on line or different?

@ECBG  Same for about 10+ yrs or more. Seriously, unless it's grocery shopping, gardening and some home improvement products that we'll just go to Home Depot for in-store, everything else we order online and have delivered.

Even grocery shopping we are doing more and more online. For produce, meats/seafood & dairy we will always go to the grocery store for.

ETA: With gardening supplies, it is limited in our local nurseries and only about maybe 15-20%. The rest I can get cheaper online. I also wintersow about 50% of our garden plants and the rest I order from a nursery in Louisiana.

Honored Contributor

For the last seven years the bulk of my gift buying has been done online.  It's no coincidence that two of my grandkids are seven years old😊

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

All online except one small jewelry gift from Marshall's.

@Daysdee Is this the same as last year?

Honored Contributor

What I'me giving (gifts) has all been online.

But I'm mostly giving money and gift cards.  I've bought a few little things here and there but I have 4 teenage grandchildren, all they want is gift cards and money.

The other 3, well they're getting toys and fun stuff.  My daughter is going through a difficult divorce.  I am giving her money to buy gifts for her children from her and Santa.

At my age it isn't important to me for my grandchildren to know I've bought them this and that.

In fact my oldest daughter often takes gifts she's bought her son and makes it from me (grandma).  She bought a Stormtrooper costume at Halloween.  She said "Mom, this will be from you and a Lego set that goes with it".

That's often what she does.  I give her money (she doesn't want it but I leave it at her house) for what I think the stuff costs.

She's my oldest daughter and manages her money very, very well.  She takes care of all of my business stuff.  If anyone should get paid, it should be her.

Honored Contributor

I'd say last year about half my gifts were bought on-line, down from about 65-70% the year before. This year, while I'm giving fewer gifts overall, easily 90% were bought locally. On-line has its benefits but so does browsing and picking up items that strike you as good choices. This is also the first year in recent memory when I didn't order anyone's gift from QVC.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...