Honored Contributor

Re: Comments About Joy Mangano's New Line?

@Kachina624 I agree that the built in hook is more efficient, but I've experienced a lot of breakage over the years.  I try to make sure I have those over the hangar hooks in my bedroom, laundry room, etc., so that I'm never without!!!!!  Of course, if I would do some closet purging, I'd probably never have to by hangars or hooks again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Around here people wear high-spandex content leggings for cold-weather outdoor activities like running and snow skiing. 22% spandex will definitely give you a lot of support which is good for the muscles while exercising.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee    I think Joy is more fashion-orientated.  I doubt if she's aware that people wear them exercising.  Surely she would have mentioned it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Jiggle control...deluxe.

Honored Contributor

Back in the day any pants with that much spandex was called shapewear and was worn under clothing not as clothing.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee @Interesting! I never thought about the exercising part. Thanks for sharing! I might need a pair for my workouts. 

off topic: I saw Angela Bassett in wakanda forever and her shoulders were amazing. Gotta get in more weight training! These may be a good idea!

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell 

Athletes wear spandex clothing b/c it's compressive and helps keep the blood flow going plus the compression helps reduce muscle soreness.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee @Well girl, thats  me on my way to being an athletes. All kidding aside I do need to do more strength training. I'm a lady of a particular age (my grandmother used to say that) and I need to do more! I will hunt down a few pair to inspire me. Do you just look for the higher spandex or do you know of a good brand? Thanks!

ps: when I have Angela's shoulders I'll owe it to you!😊

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

@SilleeMee @Well girl, thats  me on my way to being an athletes. All kidding aside I do need to do more strength training. I'm a lady of a particular age (my grandmother used to say that) and I need to do more! I will hunt down a few pair to inspire me. Do you just look for the higher spandex or do you know of a good brand? Thanks!

ps: when I have Angela's shoulders I'll owe it to you!😊

@Franklinbell 

No particular brand. Just ones with a good amount of spandex so they compress.

Super Contributor

Joy did a great job of selling the leggings to me!  I also bought the vest and shirt, so I got the entire outfit.  The other lady spoke about athletic wear and how much yoga leggings cost out there, and that is no joke!  Joy has 14% spandex,  no sheen, sparkle or see thru.  Joy can really talk!  I enjoyed the show and think she is one helluva saleswoman