Honored Contributor

Re: Comments About Joy Mangano's New Line?

I'm still considering buying her leggings. I'd feel more confident if they weren't brand new, and there were some reviews.  

in my case, I'd wear them for running and fitness classes. I like that she offers the basic colors, as well as a few different ones. 

The price isn't bad, at all.  If you shop at Athleta or lululemon, leggings are usually about $100, even with a discount code.  

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Leggings- ?  Kinda yesterday... My skin needs to breath. Not a fan of sausage casing leggings that are all synthetic. 
Last time Iordered her huggable hangers, 1/2 of them broke with1 week. Not exaggerating either. 

Actually, leggings are not going anywhere.  In the last month, I've traveled outside my area (northeast) to the Midwest and the DC area.  I see women of all ages wearing them.  I love that I can go do my errands wearing leggings, then not have to change outfits when it's time for a fitness class. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm surprised this subject hasn't hit the boards because I had instant strong feelings about it.  HSN made no pretense of having a host present her new clothing line but just turned her loose, and loose was what her jaw was.  She talked so loud and so fast, she made SG look like an amateur.  Five minutes or less was about all most people could have taken.  Her TS today is a pair of leggings and she went on far beyond what I would have thought possible expounding on the fine qualities of this pair of poly pants.  I'd change the channel then check back and she was still going on the pants.

There were racks of other clothing pieces that looked more interesting but I couldn't stand listening waiting for her to mention them.

Oh, and the Huggable Hangers are back, the Christmas special with giftable totes.

@Kachina624 

I want her darn readers.  Tired of buying old styles, new old stock on Ebay.

Respected Contributor

To me she is obnoxious and I cannot listen to her loud and grating voice.  Several years ago I purchased reader glasses that were awful (blurry and distorted) sent them back and I bought her blowdryer which had a switch that you had to constanly hold down to work.  Guess it was a saftey feature but so annoying.  Sent that back too.  That was enough for me.  NO MORE of her junk.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123    I got many of Joy's readers over the years.  Now I get them from readers.com, better quality.  I like the half lenses so I can look over the top and see the TV.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

@ellaphant Shrill is an understatement. 

Honored Contributor

Her line is refreshing.  Heart  New fashion items.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Regular Contributor

It was a hot mess and that's all I'm going to say. Although I did laugh a lot.