Honored Contributor

Re: Comment about jeans read it quick.....

Read this thread quick...........ROFL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

There's a young guy in our church who wears thongs and sometimes he just goes barefooted.

We got a gal with long hair that doesn't blow dry it, just all damp and hanging down in her face.  Yep, it's a small church, but, I wouldn't be caught dead like that. I offered to buy him a pair of shoes.

Before I get somebody with knickers in a twist.

1. Yes, as long as they're in church, we shouldn't worry what they wear or if hair is dripping on you. Point taken.

2.  They are not poor or have a shortage of funds, so, I am not throwing off on them based on their financial resources.  No, I am not speculating on their financial resources. the man without shoes is the preachers son in law. He is an electrician/union.

We have a Catholic priest who wears his hair half way down his back and he has a long thick beard.  He also wear sandals in the summertime.  It used to be a bit shocking to see him say mass with sandals, but he has been this way for about 45 years of so. His hair and beard are now gray.

No one bats an eye anymore.  

20AECF94-6C9F-43FB-9AF6-AF0868F7E6CC.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I reckon Jesus wore sandals too. Probably didn't have thongs back then.

Told that guy who was barefooted "I'd hate to walk on this carpet barefooted"..  Ever watch 'Toe Bro' and see all those fungus toenails ?

Yikes! think I'd wear something. I had athlete's foot in high school and

got a plantar's wart to boot from the gym showers. I learned my lesson we even take our own thongs when we stay at motels and use the shower.

Valued Contributor

My grandmother passed when I was in my early 30's and in all those years I never knew her to wear jeans or pants. My father at the time was 70 and he did not know her to wear pants or jeans either. That was some time ago and my father passed just over 2 yrs ago. He was 89. I will say that he never wore jeans. He wore either dress slacks or Khakis. His explination for not wearing jeans was the same that you stated for your mother. 

My mother on the other had loves to wear her jeans or cargo pants.

Esteemed Contributor

My Mother was always very stylish; in the sixties she was the last one to give up "church hats" and heels.  She was born in 1912 and passed in 2002; seldom saw her in slacks and never in jeans.  I graduated college in 1966 and at University of MD no jeans on campus unless you were going to gym class.  

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

My mom never had or wore jeans either. She was born in the 1920s and passed away several years ago. She did own & wear casual slacks but not jeans. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Newsflash: there is past tense of the verb, read. It's "read," and you all know how it's pronounced.

The OP's thread title is not an imperative sentence, directing us to "read it quick." Rather, it's likely that she meant, [The] comment [other thread] about jeans; [I] read it quick.

You can stop rolling on the floor, laughing, now--and expand your lexicon.

Yeesh.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

In your grandmother's time of growing up women did not wear jeans.  My one Aunt was the same way about  jeans.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

Newsflash: there is past tense of the verb, read. It's "read," and you all know how it's pronounced.

The OP's thread title is not an imperative sentence, directing us to "read it quick." Rather, it's likely that she meant, [The] comment [other thread] about jeans; [I] read it quick.

You can stop rolling on the floor, laughing, now--and expand your lexicon.

Yeesh.

@Moonlady ,

I don't think it is a matter of lexicon.

I think it is the lack of punctuation and missing words that make this title so hard to understand.

Certainly not worthy of a "yeesh"

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I reckon Jesus wore sandals too. Probably didn't have thongs back then.

Told that guy who was barefooted "I'd hate to walk on this carpet barefooted"..  Ever watch 'Toe Bro' and see all those fungus toenails ?

Yikes! think I'd wear something. I had athlete's foot in high school and

got a plantar's wart to boot from the gym showers. I learned my lesson we even take our own thongs when we stay at motels and use the shower.

@SharkE 

Well, I'm relieved the thongs you were talking about were sandals and not underwear.