Honored Contributor

Comment about jeans read it quick.....

My Mom lived to be 98. I do not believe she EVER wore or OWNED a pair of jeans. She said only farmers wore them. Kinda funny considering some of todays news.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Re: Comment about jeans read it quick.....

@Group 5 minus 1  My mother also died at 98.  She rarely wore slacks, mostly a dress or skirt, stockings and a girdle.  Times certainly have changed and in this case, IMO, for the better!!!

Honored Contributor

Why do we have to read it quick and what does it have to do with todays news?  Im confused.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

My comment -  about any fashion, music, cultural, technological changes:  the longer one is fortunate enough to live, the more changes one will have experienced.

Respected Contributor

My Mom passed away at 69 and also never owned a pair of jeans in her life.  She died in 1999.  I get what you are saying about things today!  There are no age limits or "type" that wear jeans nowadays.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

I'm confused about this thread, but anyway...

My mom is currently 93 and wears her stylish jeans proudly and fashionably.  She lives in NY and is not a farmer. 

Mom sometimes wears them to her senior citizen center, casual visits with friends and relatives, and grocery shopping. She takes great pride in her appearance and always looks great (I should be so lucky!). 

Honored Contributor

That's funny, it just goes to show you how times have changed.  I'm only 58 and sometimes I look back and I have to laugh.  I remember when I was a kid and we shopping downtown and it was a dress up occasion.  Like it was church. Dresses, socks or tights and our Sunday shoes.  None would ever go downtown shorts, pedal pushers or sandals.   My mom was 83 when she passed, that was 13 years ago.  She was in her 70's when she bought her first pair of pants.  Her friends talked her into it and took to pants like a duck out of water...LOL   She started wearing jeans a few years after that, they were elastic waist jeans and I believe she bought them from either QVC or HSN.  My mom was a youthful 80something and she looked good in pants and jeans.  Well, during our last conversation, 3 days before she died.  She asked me to take her to Sears to buy new jeans.  She wanted "real jeans", with a "button and zipper".  She said she wanted jeans like "you girls" wear.  I agreed to take her but I was exaperated because I didn't know why an 83 year old woman could be happy with the jeans she already had.  I was not a happy camper about all that driving on my Saturday.  I never had to make that trip and I'd give anything in the world to have had that last shopping trip with her.  My mom's sister who was just a year younger than her,  never did change the way she dressed.  She never wore pants or jeans; she wore house dresses when she was at home and dressed to the nines when she went out.  Even if it was just to the grocery store, she wore a lovely dress, heels, hose, her Queen Elizabeth type handbags.  She always looked like she stepped right out of 1950.  

Esteemed Contributor

My mom died at 89 six years ago and once my parents moved from Ohio to Arizona in the late 50's the dresses and skirts were gone forever. She wore pants from then on out but never owned a pair of jeans. She also thought those were for farmers. The only time I saw her in a dress in all those years was at my dads funeral in 1966.

Honored Contributor

Mom died in 2015 and only wore pants from the mid 70's on even owned a few pairs of pull on jeans

Dad died in 2018 and owned and wore jeans

They both lived in NYC 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

matter of pride and not wanting to look like a slob I'd guess.