Trusted Contributor

Re: Come on Isaac

[ Edited ]

@dogsx3 wrote:

I agree, and i don't think he is understanding a "woman of a certain age" as far as clothes go. Most women i know, do not like short sleeves, or short  skirts and dresses.  

@dogsx3, I'm 72 and 5'3" I purchased the petite. I have no problem showing my arms or knees and this dress really dosen't have short sleeves there more elbow lenght.  We're all different.  I think it's a simple knit casual dress for summer.  Easy breezy  

Respected Contributor

I grabbed the navy. 

I am older than dirt.

It is a perfect throw on when it is hot and sticky. My only complaint is that there are no pockets. grrrr!

Trusted Contributor

Hi silver fox, I won't even wear shorts.....out. I would just be to uncomfortable, I like 3/4 sleeves and midi or maxi dresses. Good for you, if you have the confidence and feel comfortable i am sure you will look great ! I just was not blessed in the leg or arm dept....or height....or...Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Any time QVC has models showing a dress with jackets over it, or gigantic scarves hanging from the neck, it sends up big red flags to me that the dress doesn't look good on most ladies.  I watched some of Isaac's show mid-day yesterday (lunch time!) and all the models had on jean jackets, cardigan sweaters, and/or big scarves hiding the dress.  The only time I saw the whole dress was the ones hanging on the rack.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've come to realize  that when someone doesn't care for something, it's a shapeless sack.  Or matronly.  Then in another thread I'll see raves from those same posters about a poncho, scarf top or other item that is definitely shapeless.  LOL  

There stopped being anything special about the TSVs years ago.  They have turned into basic items that QVC will more than likely sell a lot of.     

Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Any time QVC has models showing a dress with jackets over it, or gigantic scarves hanging from the neck, it sends up big red flags to me that the dress doesn't look good on most ladies.  I watched some of Isaac's show mid-day yesterday (lunch time!) and all the models had on jean jackets, cardigan sweaters, and/or big scarves hiding the dress.  The only time I saw the whole dress was the ones hanging on the rack.

To some extent, yes. But I think in the case of this "Essentials" dress, the whole idea was all of the things one could do with it. It's meant to be a blank canvas that people can style a multitude of ways. Plus, they often have additional items (scarves, cardis, sneakers, etc.) that they want you to buy with the TSV, so they want to show them off.

Regular Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

TSV stands for today's SPECIAL value; there's nothing even remotely SPECIAL about this tee shirt dress I'm afraid. It wasn't very flattering on 90% of the models unless you put something on top of it and I just don't think, even though it's a basic, that you should have to. It should look good on its own too...

I watched the show at midnight and cringed everytime beautiful young Meredith came out looking frumpier and frumpier...Of course that can also be attributed to the Q's amazing stylists Woman Embarassed

I wanted to like this dress, because I love Isaac's pink, but just couldn't. I watched the video of Courtney Cason styling it, and it looked frumpy on her no matter how she styled it. It looked frumpy on most of the models so I knew it wouldn't look good on me. (I also cringed when Meredith came out.)

Football is my favorite season.
Trusted Contributor

On April 8th show with Amy,he acted just awful,very silly,had the modals acting the same way.They all were laughing like no end,I turned the channel.

Honored Contributor

If I see one more lace top, lace dress, lace skirt, I will scream!  He needs to give us some interesting tees.  Tees with other fabrics in a pattern on the front of the tee.  Something different but in good taste.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Every model looked great in the dress. Perfect for hot sticky summer with accessories changing the look. Once I saw how each model and host looked good I bought 4. Excited to get them.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.