Valued Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

LOVE that first pic.  I'd take that outfit in a second!Smiley Happy

I agree!  That gray sweater is fabulous!

Respected Contributor

I do dress in "column of color", but I always just called it monocromatic.  I like column of color better!  But I often change it up some with top, bottom and shoes same color with cardigan or jacket in some type of pattern/print.  As far as who does it best, for me it is me - I have my own style and I love playing with clothes and coming up with outfits that make me happy. 

I also like to do coordinating colors or prints rather than always monocromatic - depends on where I am going and my mood that day. 

Honored Contributor

Love a Column of Color and dress exactly that way about 5 days a week.

Trusted Contributor

I've never dressed like this, but I like the look. I'll have to try it out. Love that Akris coat!

Honored Contributor

I probably should with my short legs, but I gravitate to printed tops...hides food mishaps😏

Honored Contributor

In navy or black, it works for me.  In something pastel or red or pink, not so much.

Ralph Lauren is my favorite.  All of his various lines.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I love the shoes in the OP -- the split front or split side. I saw this style on Evine recently. Corkys has some really cute booties like this.

Frequent Contributor

Just love thiese look .very classy and can be worn any wear. 

Honored Contributor

I like the light tan, wine, and black outfits. I rarely dress this way unless it is a dress with matching tights and boots in the fall and winter. I may have to try it with pants and tops. I usually wear a neutral bottom with a print top or a top in a complementary color. 

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I do dress in "column of color", but I always just called it monocromatic.  I like column of color better!  But I often change it up some with top, bottom and shoes same color with cardigan or jacket in some type of pattern/print.  As far as who does it best, for me it is me - I have my own style and I love playing with clothes and coming up with outfits that make me happy. 

I also like to do coordinating colors or prints rather than always monocromatic - depends on where I am going and my mood that day. 

@KathyM23,It is called "monochromatic" also.  I think "column of color" came around from looking at the vertical line made when the top and bottom are the same.

When I taught, I'll never forget I wore a skirt and sweater of the same neutral color.  Several of my students confided in me that it was too much!  Another surprise was that it was the guys!!!LOL!Smiley Happy