Honored Contributor

I know that there are some on the boards that like to dress in a column of color.  I think designer Akris does a good job of that in different outfits.

Do you like the look and who is your favorite designer (I know there are many Linea ladies here) who does it best?

Honored Contributor

I am height challenged at 5'1", so I dress like this a lot.  It tends to make me look taller and thinner when am am not cut in half by different colors.

I don't have a favorite designer.  I tend to buy what I like and put items together myself.  I never knew it was called column color.  

Respected Contributor

I like to dress like that 

I don't dress by designer    I put them together myself 

Honored Contributor

Beautiful. I dress this way just about every day (column of color). It's pleasing to my eye.

Honored Contributor

Since I'm short and petite, most of the time I am I dressed with one color or shades of same color head to toe. I think I look taller (?!?!?). 

Honored Contributor

Re: Column of Color

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

I know that there are some on the boards that like to dress in a column of color.  I think designer Akris does a good job of that in different outfits.

Do you like the look and who is your favorite designer (I know there are many Linea ladies here) who does it best?

@lolakimono

Yes, I wear columns of color.  I make sweaters and/or vests to match all my pants (navy, black, gray, wine, brown, beige, white).

i just did a double take!  The sweater in the top photo ... just about an hour ago I finished knitting a similar sweater.  Only difference is my sleeves are a bit fuller and have a rbbed cuff.  Wool and soy silk blend yarn in shades of dark gray and black.  I've started a second in a cool dark brown a couple of days ago, but I plan on using another original stitch pattern.

Second photo ... she's wearing my coat!

Esteemed Contributor

Love the column of color look ... and Akris, as you mentioned,  is great at this look, and is also my fav. 

Honored Contributor

I do dress monochromatically because I'm height challenged, I'm 5'3" and I'm also curvy.  It also makes putting outfits together easy.

Valued Contributor

@SoX wrote:

Love the column of color look ... and Akris, as you mentioned,  is great at this look, and is also my fav. 

Agree @SoX!

Love the look and Akris is one of my favs as well.

Honored Contributor

LOVE that first pic.  I'd take that outfit in a second!Smiley Happy