Frequent Contributor

Color difference between dark mallard and teal?

I have the dark mallard turtleneck and was wondering what the difference is between it and the new teal. Any help will be appreciated for future purchases.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Color difference between dark mallard and teal?

It really depends on the designer.  Colors like emerald green, true red, and yellow all bring up the same image to us.

Terms that are "fashion" depend on the designer.  Your "plum" may be my "purple".  That's why it's much more accurate to work in names of color instead of fashion color names.

Honored Contributor

The only true consistent shades in my wardrobe are black and white! Which is probably why I gravitate towards them. The navy's in my closet are all different shades! I love olive green but there are variations in the shades too. @A1brat I'm sorry I can't be more helpful but that seems to be the nature of things unless you are sticking with a single label
Trusted Contributor

If you are talking about Linea pieces, which I suspect you are, go to Linea under My Favorite Brand portion of the forums.

You'll get a lot of help there.

Maybe you already have. I just noticed you posted this on the 26th

Honored Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

If you are talking about Linea pieces, which I suspect you are, go to Linea under My Favorite Brand portion of the forums.

You'll get a lot of help there.

Maybe you already have. I just noticed you posted this on the 26th

I agree that she must be talking about a specific brand.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
The only true consistent shades in my wardrobe are black and white! Which is probably why I gravitate towards them. The navy's in my closet are all different shades! I love olive green but there are variations in the shades too. @A1brat I'm sorry I can't be more helpful but that seems to be the nature of things unless you are sticking with a single label

I saw a fashion designer on some show one night a few years ago. He said that picking out the fabric for new items was so difficult. He gave a few examples and pointed out that there were actually almost 75 shades of black at that time.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

,Re: Color difference between dark mallard and teal?

[ Edited ]

In general, I'm thinking that dark mallard has a touch of deep, dark turquoise in it.   Teal has a touch of deep green.  Of course, it depends on our eyesight.  Knowing several people around me, they each have different opinions regarding greens, teals, and  blues.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).