Respected Contributor

Re: Color Matches To New Colors of A237404 Tank Tops

Thanks for the info. Can you please tell me more about the color Petrol Blue? Is it a dusty color? Thanks Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

On 7/24/2014 mjunkie said: Thanks for the info. Can you please tell me more about the color Petrol Blue? Is it a dusty color? Thanks Smiley Happy

To my eyes it reminded me of a brighter Mallard Blue -- he had a few years back a WK V neck L/S sweater in that color and its very close to that color. My Mallard Blue is slightly duller-- washing fades colors sometimes. If you have the Mallard Blue sweater then this is very close in color to it.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I received my petrol blue tank yesterday. I was hoping for more of a teal or a dusty color. I am not going to return it - just wear it under a jacket. I will not purchase anything else in this color. I am now awaiting my charcoal t-neck that I know I am going to love!

Honored Contributor

On 7/25/2014 DiAnne said:

I received my petrol blue tank yesterday. I was hoping for more of a teal or a dusty color. I am not going to return it - just wear it under a jacket. I will not purchase anything else in this color. I am now awaiting my charcoal t-neck that I know I am going to love!

Why did you not like it? Is it too bright for your coloring?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

It is too bright. My natural color of hair is auburn with pale skin. I do not care for pastels but that shade of blue overwhelms me (the mallard did also). I also try to stay away from black but that is difficult sometimes.

Valued Contributor

I love the new petrol blue. I think it's one of the best brights Louis has done. With my dark blond hair, green eyes and pale skin it brightens everything up. It's lovely with black, white, cream, and all shades of tan.

I find it to be more of a bright Caribbean blue with lots of teal. I love it and hope Louis does more with this color. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

On 7/25/2014 buddylou said:

I love the new petrol blue. I think it's one of the best brights Louis has done. With my dark blond hair, green eyes and pale skin it brightens everything up. It's lovely with black, white, cream, and all shades of tan.

I find it to be more of a bright Caribbean blue with lots of teal. I love it and hope Louis does more with this color. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I feel the same way. I have your coloring and just opened my package. LOVE this color! Looking forward to more pieces.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

Love the new colors. Haven't had a chance to take them on a closet tour yet, but I do think they will coordinate well with many of my Linea favorites. The fall color pallete is shaping up to be quite gorgeous.

Valued Contributor

Now that QVC has posted their version of pictures of the new colors - looking at the royal purple - I'm going to hold off until Louis posts pictures and maybe until I can see it in a show. I brought my purple boho downstairs and tried it against the QVC computer image in all kinds of light and I'm not yet "sold". My purple boho definitely has more red in it than the computer image. That image could be "off" of course. But I've tried and failed for a match so many times with this boho, I'm in no hurry.

Thanks JJM. You are right about the hassles of the flash and it making the colors "off" as well. Louis complains about that too.

Respected Contributor

On 7/25/2014 JustJazzmom said:
On 7/24/2014 mjunkie said: Thanks for the info. Can you please tell me more about the color Petrol Blue? Is it a dusty color? Thanks Smiley Happy

To my eyes it reminded me of a brighter Mallard Blue -- he had a few years back a WK V neck L/S sweater in that color and its very close to that color. My Mallard Blue is slightly duller-- washing fades colors sometimes. If you have the Mallard Blue sweater then this is very close in color to it.

Thanks to you and everyone else that chimed in about this color. I like dusty colors on others but they tend to wash me out. I'm fair, have spring coloring. I think this might work for me.