Honored Contributor

Colleen Lopez "Keeping it Cozy" = Barefoot Dreams

Just an fyi, tonight from 7-9, Colleen Lopez will have her My Favorite Things clothing collection on HSN.

She has a few items that are labeled "Keeping it Cozy."  These items are her version of the Barefoot Dreams line.   

I bought her version last year in a drape front ombre cardi and absolutely love it but I had never had any Barefoot Dreams items to compare.  Someone on this board said she owned both lines and they were the same.  I also know a couple other people who have both and said they are the same.

Colleen's items are much cheaper and if you are so inclined, you can wait for markdowns which is what I did with the first cardi I bought.  She has the same cardi again tonight, in different colors.

Honored Contributor

Re: Colleen Lopez "Keeping it Cozy" = Barefoot Dreams

I want to try one of Coleens KIC pieces. I love Barefoot Dreams but the prices prevent me from buying more than one item. 

I bought a top from Coleens line years ago and it ran extremely small. 

How does Keeping It Cozy run? I don't know if I should size up or not. There are no reviews posted. TIA

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON, Colleen's line generally runs more true to B&M store sizing.  It is a size smaller than Q's sizing so if that's what you were comparing to, that may be why you thought it ran small.  For instance, HSN's medium is an 8/10 where a QVC medium is a 10/12.

I found her KIC drape front cardigan to run true to size.  Because it was open in the front, I may have been able to go down a size.  I definitely didn't need to go up a size.  However, her sizing isn't always consistent and that's why it's hard to order prior to a show.  In some items you need to go up a size, in some down a size.  She will always tell the viewers if you need to go up or down that's why I generally wait for the airings.  HTH

I'm not sure if you are a poncho person but another great item is her That's so French poncho.  She has done this a number of times and I notice this year she has an ombre one.  This is another item I got on clearance once but I love it.     

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva, thank you!

I am going to check it out.  I love anything ombre'

Super Contributor

@Lipstickdiva thanks for the heads up... i remember seeing that cardigan last year in the purple/fuscia color and i see it is back. I could have sworn last year they had sizes of S, M, L, etc. and now I see there is just regular and plus.. I wonder how that will run?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KellKats wrote:

@Lipstickdiva thanks for the heads up... i remember seeing that cardigan last year in the purple/fuscia color and i see it is back. I could have sworn last year they had sizes of S, M, L, etc. and now I see there is just regular and plus.. I wonder how that will run?

@KellKats, it is the same sizing.  You have to click on the Regular tab and it will bring up the sm, med., Large, etc. size.  If you click on the Plus tab, it brings up the plus sizes.

Super Contributor

@Lipstickdiva well hello to me..lol .. I didn't even click on the regular option to see those sizes pop up! thank you!

Honored Contributor

@KellKats wrote:

@Lipstickdiva well hello to me..lol .. I didn't even click on the regular option to see those sizes pop up! thank you!

@KellKats, it was your Jessica Simpson moment of the day.  I have them multiple times a day.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much. I will wait for the airing and order then. I was comparing the size to QVC....but you never know until it arrives and you try it on. The inconsistant sizing drives me crazy.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the heads up on this!! I own both Colleen's and Barefoot Dreams ( I bought the OTO vest not too long ago) and they are the same fabric. I would wait to see if one of Colleen's ends up in clearance but I am too in love with this sweater to let it pass by. LOL. I bought the black/pewter but will definitely check to see if another color ends up in clearance.

ETA: Just went back and bought the plum/purple as well. LOL. Love this fabric!