Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I purchased the Metallic Animal print.  

$39.99 and free s/h is a good price for this, in my opinion.  Looking forward to getting it.

@Caaareful Shopper - very nice to have free shipping! I think HSN is doing a better job offering the TS at attractive pricing and free shipping than Q. Hope you and everyone that purchased love it 🥰

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

Very disappointed!  I received my orders today at work.  As I opened the package, a co-workers asked what was wrong with the fabric.  There are tiny dots on both the front and reverse side of the raunas (ordered both the "Color-Black" and "Greek Border").  Also, while I wanted a lightweight topper, these are quite different from the original ones offered about a year ago which had a much higher quality feel to the fabrication.

From a distance, the ruanas are quite pretty, but up close the material for both selections appear speckled/heathered with white thread.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Colleen Lopez TS 8/2

[ Edited ]

I see exactly what you mean! I went back to YouTube and watched more of the videos and you could definitely see the spots on the black/white Greek! Very obvious on the closeups. It is obviously something in the weave of the fabric.  I ordered the cranberry medallion and will report on it when I receive it. Took three days to ship! Hope it comes sooner than the estimated delivery date. I am so sorry this has happened for those two options. Keeping my fingers crossed on the medallion option, but will have to wait and see. I hope more buyers post their finds on the HSN reviews. Please post yours there! 

Honored Contributor

@Indra   Thank you for your review of those two options.  Sorry they are a disappointment.

I ordered the metallic animal and will hopefully receive it soon.  

Super Contributor

Re: Colleen Lopez TS 8/2

[ Edited ]

I think the problem stems from this whole reversible silliness.  This process creates material in which the opposing color shows through on the front side, ruining the appearance of the garment.  I simply want clothing that is lovely to wear on one side only.  I definitely have enough clothes where one piece does not need to serve as two.

Colleen is one of, if not my favorite shopping channel host.  Also, I own several pieces of hers that are several years old and in great condition.  However, this is a "miss" for me.  In the future, I'll stand by my rule of not buying any reversible garments.

@Caaareful ShopperI wish you the best with your selection.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I noticed the pinpoints of different color showing through during the presentation, which is why I didn't order the Greek.  I ordered the animal print as the pin points seemed less distracting. I was sitting within a few feet of our 65-inch TV studying the materials.  lol  We will see!

Honored Contributor

@Indra @Ainhisg   My metallic animal print ruana arrived today.  Mine looks like someone took a meat tenderizer with fine pinpoints all over it.  I see what you mean by the pinpoint thread from the reverse side.  But it's the pin points that are bizarre. 

In fact, the worst part is that in one spot the thread was snagged quite a bit. Thread loops out about 2 inches in the front, left side.  It was a bad pull because it left quite a loose little hole.  If I was to try to retrieve the thread from the other side, it would still leave a hole, plus then there would be thread hanging on that reverse side. 

Too bad, it really is beautiful.  Just many flaws to the material.

It's also very thin, so this is truly just a layering piece for the look of your total outfit, like a mesh jacket would be.  There's no layering for warmth to this in the least.   

I'll have to return this.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper that is too bad! At least you won't have to pay return shipping, since it's defective. If you've not packaged it back up yet to return, would you care to take a photo of it, so I can see it "in person?" Mine won't be here until Thursday. Thank you if you would be so kind!

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper that is too bad! At least you won't have to pay return shipping, since it's defective. If you've not packaged it back up yet to return, would you care to take a photo of it, so I can see it "in person?" Mine won't be here until Thursday. Thank you if you would be so kind!

@Ainhisg   I'm so sorry!  It's not only packed up, but sitting on the front seat of my car.  I just came back to take recycling boxes out.  

If yours is not defective, it really is beautiful.  [I know that doesn't help though.] 

Respected Contributor

Thank you, @Caaareful Shopper. So even with the pin pricks, you think it is pretty?