Occasional Contributor

Re: Colleen Lopez Collection - 2021

it's funny because I don't really have a defined waist either and they were snug on my waist but big in the legs and too short..just super unflattering.  I wonder if she was really even wearing them on the presentation.  She said she modeled them after a pair of very expensive designer jeans she has, same fabrication etc....I have plenty of premium denim and these were not even close.

the reviews were moslty bad too.  I guess that's why they were on clearance.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Colleen is a beautiful lady but her fashion style is not for me.  

I agree.  For those who like the styles, I hope they wear them in good health.  Not for me at all.  Most of HSN's stuff I wouldn't wear.  I guess that's why I've never shopped for their clothing.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

Colleen has that topper she sells that comes in stripes or other patterns and everytime she is on with it and wears it the top is huge. Most of the reviews say it's huge and to size down a lot and its also see thru. 

Now Colleen says well I like it big and flowy and I don't wear anything under it but the reviews say you need to.

She does love her own stuff and she should but you have to tell it like it is. People hate paying return fees.  

@luvmyteddy4 , the first thing out of Colleen's mouth when presenting that poncho top was that it is big and flowy.  She specifically said she was in the medium because she likes it flowy but that she could easily go down to a small and probably even the extra small because it's so big.  I don't think the medium looks awful on her but she is also broader shouldered and larger chested.  Maybe if one is very small on top they would be better off sizing down. 

She also talked about the tank she was wearing underneath.  I thought I heard her say one of the colors she wears with a nude bra and nothing under it.  I didn't think she meant they all could be worn with nothing under them.  You could very clearly see her tank through the blue strip she had on. 

If you pull that top up on .com, the description says it runs big and to size down.       

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I saw Colleen wearing the next TS and I did not care for it with the belt, I thought it made her look heavier.

I will be curious to see the presentation and the other colors.  

@luvmyteddy4   I thought the exact same thing.  Colleen is a beautiful woman and I really like her style.  But that dress, especially with the belt, did not do her justice at all. 

Didnt she have on the same dress last Sat in blue. I agree that is was not very flattering on her and from the waist down it did accentuate the hips. It would look terrible on me. 

Trusted Contributor

Oh my gosh, do QVC and Hsn designers do anything but tropical prints and Tie dye? It’s really looking dated to me. A variety would be nice!!!
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I saw Colleen wearing the next TS and I did not care for it with the belt, I thought it made her look heavier.

I will be curious to see the presentation and the other colors.  

@luvmyteddy4   I thought the exact same thing.  Colleen is a beautiful woman and I really like her style.  But that dress, especially with the belt, did not do her justice at all. 

Didnt she have on the same dress last Sat in blue. I agree that is was not very flattering on her and from the waist down it did accentuate the hips. It would look terrible on me. 

I wonder what material this dress is?  

A few years back I bought a super cute maxi and it was the slinkier kind of knit, similar to the Chico's Traveler's material and I had to wear a shaper under it and who wants to do that in the summer? Without a shaper it showed any little bulge because of the nature of the material. I would have had to go up about 3 sizes so it just hung like a sack to get out of wearing a shaper.

As an aside, this dress has pockets.  Colleen posted a lot of photos of the various colors of this on her Facebook.   

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

The metallic knit topper is posted. 3 colors. $47.  Its on advance order - ETA 5/3

Sizing info is not yet posted

Colleen Lopez Dolman-Sleeve Metallic Knit Cover-Up
739-313

Color Choices:Black Metallic, Gold Metallic or Silver Metallic
Fabrication:Rayon blend metallic knit
Style:Pullover
Neckline:V-neck
Sleeves:3/4, dolman
Design Features:Front and back center seam; side slits
Hemline:Straight
Size, Content & Care
Size Choices:XS-XL; 1X-3X
Body Length:Approx. 29"L
Fit:Loose-fitting: generously sized for ease of movement and fabric drape
Content:58% rayon, 41% metallic, 1% spandex
Care:Hand wash, dry flat

I love this!

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I think Colleen has a good sense of style. Do I like everything that she wears or sells, ummm no. I buy what I like and selectively

Just bc someone doesn't like prints or certain fabrics or they have big hips doesn't translate to a lost sale from me. And it doesn't mean the line is terrible.  And jt doesn't mean it won't look good on someone else. It just means someone/Sheila with big hips should take a pass. Move on!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Some new items are posted for the May event. I'm not sure yet if I'm buying the TS dress @pinkmochi , are you?

I ADORE her shirred maxi dress - have several from previous seasons - fit is very flattering on me and it's comfortable.  It's reordered. Several palm prints and solid colors

Colleen Lopez Shirred Maxi Dress
741-360
Colleen Lopez Shirred Maxi Dress

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I like this new jumpsuit in the navy stripe color. $46. 

Colleen Lopez Striped Knit Strapless Jumpsuit
739-818
Colleen Lopez Striped Knit Strapless Jumpsuit