Reply
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 699
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Coldwater Creek


@Homegirl wrote:

Their very best item is the All Season jacket.

 

I bought one on sale (and with free shipping) a few years ago and it didn't even have the drawstring hood back then but it's still the best jacket I ever bought.

 

It comes in a lot more colors now, too.

 

All-Season Jacket, Navy, large


I've always loved that jacket, but it's so expensive!  Worth it, you say?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,762
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Coldwater Creek

@crawford5153-- Good morning.  I ordered the goldish yellow bulky knit sweater on the cover and a pair of small-wale corduroy pull-on jeans in green.   I ordered the day after I received the catalog, and both were already on backorder.  I almost cancelled when I saw that, but really can't wear either one until really cold weather -- so I'll wait.  Reluctantly.  

 

I hope a new store is opened close to me.  No signs of that yet.  

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 782
Registered: ‎03-15-2010

Re: Coldwater Creek


@tototwo wrote:

@crawford5153-- Good morning.  I ordered the goldish yellow bulky knit sweater on the cover and a pair of small-wale corduroy pull-on jeans in green.   I ordered the day after I received the catalog, and both were already on backorder.  I almost cancelled when I saw that, but really can't wear either one until really cold weather -- so I'll wait.  Reluctantly.  

 

I hope a new store is opened close to me.  No signs of that yet.  


Pretty sweater and like you say you cannot wear for awile anyways, let us know when you get both items and how they work out for you. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,093
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Coldwater Creek


@Thisismynickname wrote:

@Homegirl wrote:

Their very best item is the All Season jacket.

 

I bought one on sale (and with free shipping) a few years ago and it didn't even have the drawstring hood back then but it's still the best jacket I ever bought.

 

It comes in a lot more colors now, too.

 

All-Season Jacket, Navy, large


I've always loved that jacket, but it's so expensive!  Worth it, you say?


It was worth it to me at a reduced price and free shipping, @Thisismynickname 

Keep putting it in your cart and eventually you'll get some sort of email price reduction offer from them.

Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,527
Registered: ‎05-19-2010

Re: Coldwater Creek


@ECBG wrote:

@lmt wrote:

I used to buy quite a bit from Coldwater Creek back before they went out of business. They were expensive back then but since they've come back I think the prices have gotten even worse. But the quality was, and still is, good.

 

The only time I shop with them now is if they have a really good sale. Their shipping charges are terrible.


@lmt Isn't that SH horrible!!!!!Smiley Sad


 

@ECBG  It's beyond horrible. 

 

Shipping & Handling

RangeStandard2nd DayOvernight
Up to $50$8.00$13.00$18.00
$50.01–$100$12.00$17.00$22.00
$100.01–$150$14.00$19.00$24.00
$150.01–$200$16.00$21.00$26.00
$200.01+$18.00$23.00$28.00
    
Second Day2 DayAdd $5 
Overnight1 DayAdd $10 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,333
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

Re: Coldwater Creek

[ Edited ]

@lmt They really "shoot themself in the foot" don't they?

 

We may get lucky with some shipping deals for Labor Day!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,421
Registered: ‎03-29-2011

Re: Coldwater Creek


@lmt wrote:

 

Shipping & Handling

RangeStandard2nd DayOvernight
Up to $50$8.00$13.00$18.00
$50.01–$100$12.00$17.00$22.00
$100.01–$150$14.00$19.00$24.00
$150.01–$200$16.00$21.00$26.00
$200.01+$18.00$23.00$28.00
    
Second Day2 DayAdd $5 
Overnight1 DayAdd $10 

Soft Surrounding shipping is worse.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,527
Registered: ‎05-19-2010

Re: Coldwater Creek


@lulu1 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

 

Shipping & Handling

RangeStandard2nd DayOvernight
Up to $50$8.00$13.00$18.00
$50.01–$100$12.00$17.00$22.00
$100.01–$150$14.00$19.00$24.00
$150.01–$200$16.00$21.00$26.00
$200.01+$18.00$23.00$28.00
    
Second Day2 DayAdd $5 
Overnight1 DayAdd $10 

Soft Surrounding shipping is worse.


 

 

@lulu1  I never heard of Soft Surroundings, but I checked them out. They charge a flat rate of 9.95, which isn't too bad if you're ordering multiple items.

 

I still think Coldwater Creek's charges are worse. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,421
Registered: ‎03-29-2011

Re: Coldwater Creek

[ Edited ]

@lmt wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

 

Shipping & Handling

RangeStandard2nd DayOvernight
Up to $50$8.00$13.00$18.00
$50.01–$100$12.00$17.00$22.00
$100.01–$150$14.00$19.00$24.00
$150.01–$200$16.00$21.00$26.00
$200.01+$18.00$23.00$28.00
    
Second Day2 DayAdd $5 
Overnight1 DayAdd $10 

Soft Surrounding shipping is worse.


 

 

@lulu1  I never heard of Soft Surroundings, but I checked them out. They charge a flat rate of 9.95, which isn't too bad if you're ordering multiple items.

 

I still think Coldwater Creek's charges are worse. 


The flat rate must be a fairly new thing.  In the past they charged for each item.  I've stopped shopping as I find the quality is not what it once was.  When they did give coupons, (birthdays, rewards for spending $X amount) there were restrictions and were almost always a wash with the shipping fees.

 

SS are now in some NJ malls.  The stores are lovely but the sales associates pounce on you the minute you walk into the store.

 

I just checked, you are correct, now they have a flat rate shipping.  A few years ago, I was chosen to be on a SS review panel, shipping was the #1 complaint.  They listened.  It was unanimous the panel wanted a rewards system similar to Chico's.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,124
Registered: ‎05-27-2013

Re: Coldwater Creek

I agree with the consensus here--the old CC was much better (like, back in the early 2000's) and their shipping rates are a crime.  I still buy from them but only if I can catch a sale and a shipping deal.  I complained on their Facebook page about their shipping and they have sent me several shipping and sale deals since then.  Their no-iron shirts are lovely and their intarsia knit sweaters are usually unique and very cute.  Like the fit of their jeans, too.  With the right deal, their clothes are worth the $$.

 

@lulu1, you're right, Soft Surroundings is worse for shipping.  Their merch isn't special enough to me to pay that shipping fee!