Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach, I like the All Season Jacket" very much, I actually might like one without a hood even better, lol. I'm not really fond of hoods.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

They used to have a large multi-story store in downtown Seattle.  I always enjoyed shopping there.  Since that closed I have not purchased anything from them but I do get the catalog.  

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

@GingerPeach, I like the All Season Jacket" very much, I actually might like one without a hood even better, lol. I'm not really fond of hoods.

Hi @Snicks1 

The hood buttons off, in case that changes anything for you.

(Seriously, I am not a shill for CC Woman LOL--  I just really am happy with my own jacket - having worn it now for a few winters.  It's very well put together.  I especially love the two sets of pockets, one set with zippers.  All these pockets are perfect for carrying mittens, keys, dog treats, and other dog items.)  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, have been temped to buy one of their coats for years but was afraid I'd be disappointed  . I'm  needing a long dress length  coat  that's all season.

Honored Contributor

Their store was always interesting to shop in but sizes were all off.  I only ended up with a few pieces from that store and now Soft Surroundings is renting their space in Naperville, IL.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Sigh........way back in the "old days" when Coldwater Creek first began, the clothes were as original as their name! Kind of "I live in a cabin by a creek in....Montana, or Vermont" just really original and fabulously interesting, and like no other store anywhere. 

I too was devastated when they went out of business, and while I am glad to see them back, there is no longer anything original or interesting at all. Now, everything is just expensive Denim & Co.  style.  Somebody needs to go back and look at the old catalogs, and think about what a company named "Coldwater Creek" would show. 

Occasional Contributor

I have always loved Coldwater Creek.  We had a store locally where live and it was wonderful to go in and see and try the clothes on.  

The only downfall I have is with their sizing.  When we would try clothes at the local store, the sizing for any particular garment was all over the place - many times, running smaller than your normal size.  

I am hesitant now to order from the catalog.  Their site doesn't offer "garment sizing" charts like QVC so it's a guessing game when ordering.

Esteemed Contributor

@crawford5153- F.Y.I. - I received the corduroy jeans yesterday (surprise!).  They are well made - I love the fabric and the style.  I recommend them for that.  However, they are too big for me in the waist and hips.  I ordered my usual size, 4P, the size I buy in stores.  They fit me like maybe a size 6.  I can't exchange them because 4P is the smallest size they make.  So I'll return them for refund today.  I'm very disappointed since I love them otherwise.

This is why I prefer to shop in stores where I can try on clothes before I buy them.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for replying!  That is a bummer they did not fit you, sorry hon.  I remember if I had any concerns about garment measurements I could call Coldwater and they actually would go get the item and give me the measurements while I was on the phone with them.  Would be nice if they did that now.  Nice to hear they were well made.

DId you get anything else as I though you mentioned you ordered a couple things?

Valued Contributor

@lacy wrote:

I have always loved Coldwater Creek.  We had a store locally where live and it was wonderful to go in and see and try the clothes on.  

The only downfall I have is with their sizing.  When we would try clothes at the local store, the sizing for any particular garment was all over the place - many times, running smaller than your normal size.  

I am hesitant now to order from the catalog.  Their site doesn't offer "garment sizing" charts like QVC so it's a guessing game when ordering.

This is so true. I used to love to shop there when they had brick & mortar shops.  I just received a blouse and a tshirt from CWC both sized PXL (I wear PL at J.Jill) that I bought on sale.  I went by the measurements in the catalog and the blouse fits perfectly and is so cute.  The Tshirt is so long it is ridiculous for a petite size.  Their return shipping charges are too expensive so it looks like I have a new pajama top.  I've got to toss those catalogs when they arrive and get off the mailiing list.