Esteemed Contributor

Re: Coldwater Creek

[ Edited ]

The present version of Coldwater Creek feels uninspired to me.  I know it's because I'm one of those former customers who began shopping with them when it was catalog only and the many of the items were unique southwestern and western influenced boutique styles which you could not find anywhere and everywhere.  With that in mind paying a little more didn't seem extravagant at all.   I ordered a sweater tunic from the relaunched version of Coldwater Creek, but it was not very impressive.  Sure it was just an ordinary french terry item, with quality on par to many D&C french terry tops, but the price was $20 more than D&C average. The fit was not good for me either (much too big), but I knew that the top would be oversized on me beforehand, so that was not a surprise.

Valued Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I also loved shopping at Coldwater Creek stores.  I was kind of lost when they went out of business.  Back then, over half of my wardrobe was CC.  Now I get a CC catalog every 2-3 weeks and I'm always tempted, but I want to try on clothes before I buy them.   I don't really trust the "new" CC -- and their shipping charges are ridiculous!    That said, when they sent me a free-shipping coupon and 20%-off last week, I ordered a couple items.  Waiting patiently to see if I like them, or not.   This is a test.

I agree with you. The CC store here was nice.....closed....the last few things I ordered were horrible -- one pair of pants were sewn completely wrong........a seam that went down front and back of the pant leg -- sort of sewing it together. It was just a mess. I'm pretty much done with them.

Respected Contributor

I might be more apt to buy from their catalog if they showed the clothes being worn by models.  It's hard to get a feel for what an item looks like on the body from a photo of it folded or laid out, especially at the prices that they charge.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I might be more apt to buy from their catalog if they showed the clothes being worn by models.  It's hard to get a feel for what an item looks like on the body from a photo of it folded or laid out, especially at the prices that they charge.

CC does occasionally issue a catalog showing items on models.  Unfortunately, those are few and far between (at least not issued often enough for me), @aubnwa01 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@Trix wrote:

The present version of Coldwater Creek feels uninspired to me.  I know it's because I'm one of those former customers who began shopping with them when it was catalog only and the many of the items were unique southwestern and western influenced boutique styles which you could not find anywhere and everywhere.  With that in mind paying a little more didn't seem extravagant at all.   I ordered a sweater tunic from the relaunched version of Coldwater Creek, but it was not very impressive.  Sure it was just an ordinary french terry item, with quality on par with many D&C french terry tops, but the price was $20 more than D&C average. The fit was not good for me either (much too big), but I knew that the top would be oversized on me beforehand, so that was not a surprise.

I agree that the "original" Coldwater had more diverse styles that you could not ever find in any other store.  They were unique in that respect.  Seems like when it changed hands it was never quite the same.

Honored Contributor

I rarely went to any of their stores ... mostly ordered online..   They had a line of Travel Knits that was similar to Chico's Traveler and the original Citiknits acetate/spandex lines.  I have two turtleneck tops from around 2008 or so .. still wearing them.

One item I did buy at one of the stores is a tooled leather bag ... bought it around 2009.  

The sell the kinds of stuff I wear.

Frequent Contributor
There is a new Coldwater Creek store set to open in a shopping center near me this fall. I’m curious to see what it will carry. Most of my old CC were too big so I donated them. Plus I’m retired now. But I’m still interested in seeing what they will have. They are back to opening stores.
Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

I used to buy quite a bit from Coldwater Creek back before they went out of business. They were expensive back then but since they've come back I think the prices have gotten even worse. But the quality was, and still is, good.

The only time I shop with them now is if they have a really good sale. Their shipping charges are terrible.

@lmt Isn't that SH horrible!!!!!Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Loved their stores too.  They also used to accept retiurns  from  their catalog purchases too.   They had a sale  8/22-825 @ 1159 for   $50 off $200  purchase, $25 off  $125 purchase and $10 off $75 purchase .

I wait for them to offer sales or atleast free shipping

Wish QVC had similiar sales  offered on their items or  free shipping

Contributor

Oh No...I thought that Coldwater Creek just opened a new store in Palm Desert on El Paseo!  and also one in Walnut Creek, CA!  I am so sad.  They had some lovely things and sometimes their deals were pretty good.   I think the internet shopping sites have just about killed so many of our old brick and mortar shopping sites.