Trusted Contributor

Coldwater Creek

[ Edited ]

New catalog today September 2019 and has a coupon for 25% off and free shipping, WOW!!  Sale ends 9/9/2019.

Honored Contributor

Thank you!  I don't know if I have it, but I'll look.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I loved Coldwater Creek stores, and was really upset when they closed, but I won’t order anything from their catalog. I ordered a few things last year that didn’t fit, and I hate having to return things. Such a pain. No post office near me. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I also loved shopping at Coldwater Creek stores.  I was kind of lost when they went out of business.  Back then, over half of my wardrobe was CC.  Now I get a CC catalog every 2-3 weeks and I'm always tempted, but I want to try on clothes before I buy them.   I don't really trust the "new" CC -- and their shipping charges are ridiculous!    That said, when they sent me a free-shipping coupon and 20%-off last week, I ordered a couple items.  Waiting patiently to see if I like them, or not.   This is a test.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I used to buy quite a bit from Coldwater Creek back before they went out of business. They were expensive back then but since they've come back I think the prices have gotten even worse. But the quality was, and still is, good.

The only time I shop with them now is if they have a really good sale. Their shipping charges are terrible.

Trusted Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I also loved shopping at Coldwater Creek stores.  I was kind of lost when they went out of business.  Back then, over half of my wardrobe was CC.  Now I get a CC catalog every 2-3 weeks and I'm always tempted, but I want to try on clothes before I buy them.   I don't really trust the "new" CC -- and their shipping charges are ridiculous!    That said, when they sent me a free-shipping coupon and 20%-off last week, I ordered a couple items.  Waiting patiently to see if I like them, or not.   This is a test.

@tototwo May I ask the item numbers for the clothes you ordered?  I love to take a look! Thanks!  Also, post when you get them how they worked out for you but hopefully it will be a wonderful purchase!

Honored Contributor

Re: Coldwater Creek

[ Edited ]

Their very best item is the All Season jacket.

I bought one on sale (and with free shipping) a few years ago and it didn't even have the drawstring hood back then but it's still the best jacket I ever bought.

It comes in a lot more colors now, too.

All-Season Jacket, Navy, large

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

I received my first catalog from them last spring. I thought that I would try them because they have some nice prints. I ordered the white grace garden shirt and the plain white in the no-iron shirts. I have been happy with both of them, but their clothes seem expensive to me so I will really think hard before I buy.

I am going through their fall catalog now, but I need so little right now and I am trying not to ever get too many clothes again.

Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Their very best item is the All Season jacket.

I bought one on sale (and with free shipping) a few years ago and it didn't even have the drawstring hood back then but it's still the best jacket I ever bought.

It comes in a lot more colors now, too.

All-Season Jacket, Navy, large

Beautiful jacket and navy goes with anything.  One thing about them is their apparel wears like iron; you cannot wear it out.  I have things from 15 years ago that still look new.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Coldwater Creek

[ Edited ]

@tototwo wrote:

I admit I preferred the "old" Coldwater more than the new one.  The things I ordered back then were much more embeliished with buggle beads and soutache.  The colors were more vivid also.  I have one cream colored cardigan sweater that has the prettiest hardware on it  and I always got compliments anytime I wore it. It was 100% boiled wool and warm as could be.  It had siver and gold threads going thruout the fabric. 

Also, if I had a question on the dimensions on an item they would actually go and get the item in hand and tell me what I needed to know.