Honored Contributor

Re: Cold shoulder is passé! So is athleisure!

@Mattajii wrote:

https://www.racked.com/2016/12/30/14094932/worst-2016-fashion-trends. Hi lo needs to go. Atrocious! Gladiator shoes might work if you're, well, a gladiator in drag. Be careful of trends. Save your $$$ for "class"ics and you will always be "class"y!

@Mattajii

Oh boy .....  so many things come to mind that I don't even know where to start!    Woman Surprised

Okay ....  first of all .....   who the heck is TANISHA PINA?    Are you under the impression that he/she is some sort of "fashion expert"?

Secondly, what the heck is "Racked" and why do you think this is a credible source for ...  anything?

Third .....   there is clearly some confusion with terms.    People keep confusing FADS with TRENDS, and I have no idea why.

A FAD is something that will be around for a year or two and then disappear.   Definitely not "investment dressing".    Something that will go in the Goodwill bag next year.

A TREND is a gradual shift over time that influences fashion.  Example ....  "the trend has been for slightly wider pant legs in women's trousers".    

IMO ... if you're going to believe any fashion commentary, it should be done by someone who has actually been successful in the fashion business for a while ... like Bob Mackie,  Isaac Mizrahi or Donna Karan ....  not a "Tanisha Pina".   

JMO

Honored Contributor

Re: Cold shoulder is passé! So is athleisure!

@Tinkrbl44

While the three mentioned may be experts in fashion I don't believe I've heard any of them tell anybody what they should or shouldn't wear. They know style is subjective and very personal