Honored Contributor

Re: Cold shoulder is passé! So is athleisure!

@Andreatoo wrote:

Well as long as we're showing off our fly gladiators...I just picked up these beauties!

Sarto gladiator.jpg

Cute sandals!!!  Love the color, too.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I find these non-stop threads about cold-shoulder tops to be passe.  And started by a "newbie" no less.  Woman Wink

@Lipstickdiva

They're just old posters with new names....

'for my first act as new poster I'd like to alienate half the board!'

@Andreatoo  I just had to stop by and tell you I saw your post on this thread yesterday (hilarious) and responded to it before it was poofed! 

Speaking of cold shoulder tops, I wore a new off the shoulder/cold shoulder top to dinner last Friday night.  When my husband saw me I got a wolf whistle. 😁  Then at the elevator going down to the parking garage a neighbor who I don't even know said "you look so nice, great outfit".  Later in the evening my husband said "did I tell you how much I love your outfit"?  I don't need that kind of validation and I especially hate when women use their husbands to express disdain for our choices, but I must be doing something right!  😊 

@magicmoodz

Woman LOL

It never ceases to amaze me the posts they will poof while leaving others!

As for the husbands I suspect many like the look but when asked 'doesn't she look like a tramp??' then they must answer in kind: 'Why yes she does dear!'

lol

And so it goes...

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I find these non-stop threads about cold-shoulder tops to be passe.  And started by a "newbie" no less.  Woman Wink

@Lipstickdiva

They're just old posters with new names....

'for my first act as new poster I'd like to alienate half the board!'

@Andreatoo  I just had to stop by and tell you I saw your post on this thread yesterday (hilarious) and responded to it before it was poofed! 

Speaking of cold shoulder tops, I wore a new off the shoulder/cold shoulder top to dinner last Friday night.  When my husband saw me I got a wolf whistle. 😁  Then at the elevator going down to the parking garage a neighbor who I don't even know said "you look so nice, great outfit".  Later in the evening my husband said "did I tell you how much I love your outfit"?  I don't need that kind of validation and I especially hate when women use their husbands to express disdain for our choices, but I must be doing something right!  😊 

@magicmoodz

Woman LOL

It never ceases to amaze me the posts they will poof while leaving others!

As for the husbands I suspect many like the look but when asked 'doesn't she look like a tramp??' then they must answer in kind: 'Why yes she does dear!'

lol

And so it goes...

@Andreatoo

Yes!  My husband probably doesn't know what a cold shoulder top is by that name, but he knows what he likes!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz, that just can't be that your DH liked the look.  I mean just a week or so ago, a poster conducted a highly scientific poll of 20 males and they all hated cold-shoulder.  I'm still surprised they knew the look was called cold-shoulder but hey, these guys were more sophisticated than your average man.     

Super Contributor

LOVE the compliment from your husband and your neighbor! Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

I never get into the trends, give me a pair of Levis and a t-shirt, all set.

Esteemed Contributor

This is nonsense. While I may not like every cold shoulder, hi low and gladiator shoe that comes out (or even 1/4 of them), there are some styles I like in each cateogory mentioned. I have seen some really cute cold shoulder tops or dresses. 

I happened to buy a cute hi low dress not long ago and I love it. Very summery and feminine. What is really funny are the shoes that I wear with it are an adorable pair of gladiator sandals. I got them at a great price too. Think the shoes were less than $20. Main Image - Dee Elly Ruffle Halter Midi Dress

That is the dress and I did get it in red. Here are the sandals, though I got though mine in metallic silver. Image result for metallic silver gladiator sandals

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I have lived long enough to see trends come and go and come back again. While it is interesting to see the trends each season I am not a slave to them. I wear what fits my personal style and lifestyle. Thank goodness, we can all choose what we want to wear. I don't want to be told what to wear by anyone. 

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Just bought my first cold shoulder top.  It's really a  beach cover up,   Saw it at TJMaxx  for $12  and had to have it.  Off-white, rayon with raglan sleeves edged in crochet lace and a lacey panel down the front  and a very subdued sort of flounce at the bottom, comes to just above my knees.  It's going in my beach vacay wardrobe!  Now I just have to go on the beach vacay!!

WIsh I could post a pic, but I can't find one.  The brand is blue island (beach).  

And I bought a teal sleevless top with a ruffle at the hip, which is so cute I had to have that, too.  Couldn't pass it up at the $10.00 tag.  Looks great with white skinny jeans.

AND a new black sleeveless tank for $10.00.  Cut high on the neckline (which is what I was looking for) and fits perfectly.

Happy, happy!

@QueenDanceALotCold shoulder AND a ruffle??! For shame! And whatever will you do when you're no longer 'allowed' to wear them any more??

Woman Very Happy

FYI Old Navy has a nice selection of the high necked sleeveless tees. I'm wearing one today...

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Just bought my first cold shoulder top.  It's really a  beach cover up,   Saw it at TJMaxx  for $12  and had to have it.  Off-white, rayon with raglan sleeves edged in crochet lace and a lacey panel down the front  and a very subdued sort of flounce at the bottom, comes to just above my knees.  It's going in my beach vacay wardrobe!  Now I just have to go on the beach vacay!!

WIsh I could post a pic, but I can't find one.  The brand is blue island (beach).  

And I bought a teal sleevless top with a ruffle at the hip, which is so cute I had to have that, too.  Couldn't pass it up at the $10.00 tag.  Looks great with white skinny jeans.

AND a new black sleeveless tank for $10.00.  Cut high on the neckline (which is what I was looking for) and fits perfectly.

Happy, happy!

@QueenDanceALotCold shoulder AND a ruffle??! For shame! And whatever will you do when you're no longer 'allowed' to wear them any more??

Woman Very Happy

FYI Old Navy has a nice selection of the high necked sleeveless tees. I'm wearing one today...

@Andreatoo

Thanks!  I am going to have to mosey on over to Old Navy soon.