Super Contributor

Re: Cold shoulder is passé! So is athleisure!

[ Edited ]

Hooray! It's our weekly cold shoulder thread!

Dead horse.jpg

As far as the advice on whether I should follow trends or not.....Bah Humbug! Those stuffy "classics" as you call them are not for me! And classy is not defined by what you wear so much as how you act. I wouldn't deem telling others what they should/shouldn't wear particulary classy......but whatever floats your boat.

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Athleisure is so not passe. Everyone everywhere is wearing leggings and LLL or Athleta hoodies.  It's even at J. Crew now (athleisure is).  

That's becoming bigger and bigger! 

Yoga pants,  tanks, hoodies, leggings--everywhere!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not like hi/low tops nor skirts.  Kerstin recently was wearing a hi/low skirt and it looked terrible.  One pair of Gladiator sandals would suffice but I do not own a pair.  And, Logo, well  those tops are so clown like and they are starting to all look alike and then we have the tons of layering.  Don't get me started.  Designers need some fresh designs and stop with this hi/low garbage.  HeartCat Tongue  Almost forgot - cold shoulder is not for me.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Passe`...not so much. On fire everywhere,both of them Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Cold shoulder, hi-lo, assymetrical - all need to GOOOOO!  Ruffles on the bottom of garments for women need to GOOOOOO!

@hoosieroriginal you know you don't have to buy these styles right?

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

Not everyone wants to wear pearls, cardigans, button down tops and dress slacks or skirts 24/7. How about you stop worrying about what other women wear, as long as it's not obscene. 

I refuse!  No.  Heck no.  I like some trendy stuff.  I know how to make everything work for me.  I still want to look "fly."  LOL.  @Cumbercookie13

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I for one took the gladiator comment as a joke.  Lighten up, people.  Now they are taking the cold shoulder to extremes, huge expanses of shoulder and arms, dragging sleeves, and top held up by tiny spaghetti straps. 

The spaghetti straps have been around for ions.  

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

These gladiator sandals aren't going anywhere either.  Just learn how to stay in your own fashion lane.

Main Image - Söfft Rosaria Sandal (Women)Main Image - Söfft 'Mirabelle' Sport Sandal (Women)Rebecca Minkoff Evonne Sandal (Women)Sole Society Fauna Sandal (Women)Bella Vita Imani Wedge Sandal (Women)

*Call Tyrone*
Super Contributor

My career demands a varied wardrobe... one that includes classics, fashion forward pieces and formal evening gowns... and accessories, shoes and purses to match. I love my work... and I feel fortunate that I have a job that lends itself to my 'passion for fashion'!

During my free time, I like to wear some trendy pieces. I must say that  this summer I am completely guilty of loving the off the shoulder, spaghetti strap look in tops! And I'm 50! But my nieces all say I don't look anywhere near 50, and I completely believe them and spoil them as much as possible! But I do try to stay fit ...and hip...and fun.

My 'big sister' is the most fashionable person I know and she keeps teasing me about all of my 'off the shoulder' tops that are on their way 'out'.  She keeps telling me that I will need a whole new wardrobe next summer ... funny thing is, she says that like it's a bad thing! LOL!