New Contributor

Cold shoulder is passé! So is athleisure!

https://www.racked.com/2016/12/30/14094932/worst-2016-fashion-trends. Hi lo needs to go. Atrocious! Gladiator shoes might work if you're, well, a gladiator in drag. Be careful of trends. Save your $$$ for "class"ics and you will always be "class"y!

Respected Contributor

Re: Cold shoulder is passé! So is athleisure!

Cold shoulder, hi-lo, assymetrical - all need to GOOOOO!  Ruffles on the bottom of garments for women need to GOOOOOO!

Honored Contributor

@Mattajii wrote:

https://www.racked.com/2016/12/30/14094932/worst-2016-fashion-trends. Hi lo needs to go. Atrocious! Gladiator shoes might work if you're, well, a gladiator in drag. Be careful of trends. Save your $$$ for "class"ics and you will always be "class"y!

You say that like it's a bad thing? Why would you care what "a gladiator in drag" or anybody else for that matter, would choose to wear??

You couldn't be more sexist, judgemental, intolerant and rude if you tried, with this post.

I truly feel sorry for you........

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Actually, it says "overt-athleisure" and "That while there will always be a place for activewear (and even still sport-inspired fashion!), maybe we tone it down in 2017." So I wouldn't say that athleisure is passé. Most of the other trends were not even on my radar (lace-up bodysuits? Thrasher?).

Esteemed Contributor

I like the cold shoulder tops but that's all.  Never had gladiator sandals(they're so unflattering), hi-lo hems (too sloppy), ath-leisure?  Ath-leisure will always be around in various ways/styles. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Not everyone wants to wear pearls, cardigans, button down tops and dress slacks or skirts 24/7. How about you stop worrying about what other women wear, as long as it's not obscene. 

Honored Contributor

If you don't want to be forced to dress the way someone else likes, then please do the same for others. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I laugh in the face of convention. 

Esteemed Contributor

Well.... given that this article was written in Dec. 2016, and these were predictions (hopes?) for 2017, I'd say that the writer was waaaay off the mark as regards to "cold shoulder."  That trend has definitely gotten stronger in the past 6 months.  And I say that as someone who doesn't own a single cold shoulder item.  But I have eyes and can see that it's a huge trend.  So the writer of this article needs a new crystal ball. 

And who's wearing this Thrasher stuff that's mentioned as such a big trend????  If it's such a big trend, why haven't I ever seen it? 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I for one took the gladiator comment as a joke.  Lighten up, people.  Now they are taking the cold shoulder to extremes, huge expanses of shoulder and arms, dragging sleeves, and top held up by tiny spaghetti straps.