Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cold Shoulder tops and dresses

@Bri36 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

Just wear what you like...

This forum has become such a whiney place.

@Bri36

"Whiny???.......really???

She's posting a question for opinions on a particular fashion fad in the 'Fashion' forum, how is that being "whiny"??

SMDH........

@KingstonsMom, I didn't say the OP was being whiney.

There's been so many threads in the last month or so about cold shoulder tops - how inappropriate they are, how trashy they are, how cheap they look, and on and on and on about them.

@Bri36  I completely agree!

@KingstonsMom  It is clear the OP started a thread to take yet another cheap shot at women who like and wear cold-shoulder tops.  In no way was she merely asking for opinions. It really does get tiresome, but just as they can dish it out, I can and will have a response.   

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@vermint-

that is kind of pretty. That might be one of the exceptionsSmiley Happy

@on the bay Why, thank you! Woman Happy I'll admit to being a little nervous about it, as I've never even tried one on--but I liked the fact that my bra straps wouldn't show (THAT looks tackier to me than any cold shoulder top I've ever seen), and my tush would be covered.

Honored Contributor

My DD, who is mid 30's, looks great in them, but I'm 64 and skinny, with shoulder and collar bones showing prominently, (which is not particularly attractive, IMO), so I'm not really comfortable in them.

Besides, I'm always cold in A/C, even if it's 90+ degrees, LOL!

I've always been of the train of thought that people should wear what they're comfortable in and what they feel like they look good in!

It's not for me to decide. Lord knows, I've probably worn something at some time in my life, that others may have thought, "What was SHE thinking, LOL?!'

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Love it!

@vermint

Honored Contributor

I think they are appropriate for everyone of any age.  Exposing your upper arms or shoulders is not limited to young women.

if you like them, then go ahead and wear them, if not pass on by.

Respected Contributor

Personally, I don't think this is one of those styles that are age specific.  An older lady can pull off cold shoulder, in my opinion,

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

There have been so many threads on these boards about it, you can probably find some and get lots of opinions.  HTH

I'm 49 and I like certain cold-shoulder and split sleeve looks and some I don't care for at all.  I absolutely do not think age has anything to do with it.  But if you don't think you can pull the look off, it's probably best not to try.  I find that if I'm iffy about a certain item of clothing, I end up uncomfortable the entire day/night.

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

So you noticed it too?  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Bri36

She's posting a question for opinions on a particular fashion fad in the 'Fashion' forum, how is that being "whiny"??

SMDH........

There's been so many threads in the last month or so about cold shoulder tops - how inappropriate they are, how trashy they are, how cheap they look, and on and on and on about them.

@Bri36  I completely agree!

@KingstonsMom  It is clear the OP started a thread to take yet another cheap shot at women who like and wear cold-shoulder tops.  In no way was she merely asking for opinions. It really does get tiresome, but just as they can dish it out, I can and will have a response.   

@magicmoodz

I didn't take the OP's post as "yet another cheap shot", but the written word is open to interpretation, so interpret her post however you want to and I'll do the same.

I have waaay more important things to do than debate what someone else's intentions are with their post....especially when it affects my life in NO way.

I'm going online to see where I can buy one of your crystal balls now.....can't wait to read other peoples minds!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Bri36

SMDH........

@Bri36

C'mon, by posting "this forum has become such a whiney (sic) place" on THIS post, is implying that you're including this post in that statement. 

As much as you (and I sometimes, LOL! ) would like to be the board monitors to determine which posts are worthy of being posted/deleted or have been posted too often, the fact is that none of us have that job here.

I personally feel no need to denigrate another poster for their choice of topic/question, whether it's been discussed ad nauseam or previously discussed beau coup times on other threads*.

(*Disclaimer*....except for the 'LR' threads....they drive me nuts, LOL!) 

I have to disagree with you. 

I personally have noticed that lately there has been a definite negative tone on these boards.  I know for a fact I have fallen into that before and I'm trying my best to ignore certain things.