Honored Contributor

Re: Cold Shoulder, dont get it.

I bought one from George Simonton a few years ago.  It was okay ... but I ended up removing the sleeves altogether and made it a sleeveless.  

Respected Contributor

I'm not crazy about fads.  It will be gone before you know it and you will have an out of style garment in your closet.

I don't get women wearing sleeveless dresses in the heart of winter either.

Frequent Contributor

I'm not a fan of the look.  I just don't think it was flattering on 99% of the women I've seen wearing it.

Honored Contributor

The cold shoulder has been around for years.  I have one from at least 10 years ago.  I have a few but don't like the look of all styles.  I really like wearing a vest over some styles I have and I get so many compliments.  I have several from Indigo Thread sold on Evine that I love.

Esteemed Contributor

I think they are OK in warm weather...but in the middle of winter....I think they look silly...

Esteemed Contributor

While they don't work for me, I somewhat understand the attraction -- and, now and then, I see one that looks good.

However, the openings have gotten progressively larger.  Saw a young woman at a concert that had on what appeared to be a tube top with cuffsWoman LOL

The "cold shoulder" openings were large enough to show her entire arm down to the wrist! 

Now, THAT, is just too much!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never understand threads like this. What is there to get? You either like the look or you don't.

I like some cold shoulder tops, not all, and I like some split sleeve tops, not all.  

There are a lot of things I just don't care for the look of. There is nothing to "get."  They just aren't for me. 

Cold shoulder has been around for years and years.  It's not a fad.  It's bigger now than it has been but it's always been out there. 

I think a cold shoulder top looks good on many because most women have nice shoulders, they don't really age and it can be sexy look without being over the top.